Rate this...

A workshop designed to help everyone improve their screenshot skills, featuring Simworld, the Screenart Gallery, tutorials, contests and much more!

Rate this...

Postby Mitch. » Wed May 11, 2011 5:03 am

Go ahead and rate this. :)

C&C welcome
Cheers
Mitch
Mitch.
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Rate this...

Postby Mass » Wed May 11, 2011 6:09 am

Personally, to find any fault at all I would have to pick up on something thats more or less out of your control anyway... If that tiny bit of blurred land textures on the very left of the screen was like the rest I wouldn't be able to say anything other that fantastic.

I love the sky behind the aircraft, the water textures and reflection, the land detail under the wings, the colours the works.

Sorry, I feel bad for saying it!
Mass

"when the rich wage war its the poor who die"
Mass
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ManuelL » Wed May 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Very nice shot!

Only points I can find:
- The detail of the wing tip strut gets a bit mangled by the dark coast in the background.
- Probably I would have cropped it a little as the FSX reflections look a bit crude close up.
- and a Calypso pilot without a red woolen hat looks just wrong - but that's of course not under your control  :D
ManuelL
Captain
Captain

Postby patchz » Wed May 11, 2011 11:37 pm

[quote]Very nice shot!

Only points I can find:
- The detail of the wing tip strut gets a bit mangled by the dark coast in the background.
- Probably I would have cropped it a little as the FSX reflections look a bit crude close up.
- and a Calypso pilot without a red woolen hat looks just wrong - but that's of course not under your control
Last edited by patchz on Thu May 12, 2011 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
If God intended aircraft engines to have horizontally opposed engines, Pratt and Whitney would have made them that way.
patchz
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Mitch. » Fri May 13, 2011 7:50 am

Thankyou gents, appreciate the feedback. I agree the reflections on the water do look jagged and rough, definetely something to improve in Microsoft Flight. ;)

I would really hope to see more 'Rate This' threads so everyone can learn from the helpful advice given by other screenshot artists, so we can all improve our screenshots. :)
Mitch.
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DowninFlames » Mon May 23, 2011 10:08 pm

It's a shame MS didn't model water spray off the front/nose of boats and seaplanes.
DowninFlames
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby patchz » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:37 pm

It's a shame MS didn't model water spray off the front/nose of boats and seaplanes.

Apparently, that may be fixable, 'cause OZx added spray to the floats and improved the main spray in their paints/mods of the default Goose. I would be interested in how.
If God intended aircraft engines to have horizontally opposed engines, Pratt and Whitney would have made them that way.
patchz
Colonel
Colonel

Postby DowninFlames » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:01 am

Thanks for that PatchZ. I'm downloading now. I'm wondering if there is a tweak to get the spray off Javier's carrier (within normal modding rules of course)
DowninFlames
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Club508 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:09 pm

9.9 out of 10
Last edited by Club508 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Club508
Major
Major

Return to Studio V Screenshot Workshop