Go ahead and rate it...

A workshop designed to help everyone improve their screenshot skills, featuring Simworld, the Screenart Gallery, tutorials, contests and much more!

Go ahead and rate it...

Postby Ivan » Sun May 01, 2011 1:48 pm

Russian planes: IL-76 (all standard length ones),  Tu-154 and Il-62, Tu-134 and [url=http://an24.uw.hu/]An-24RV[/ur
Ivan
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Go ahead and rate it...

Postby B-Valvs » Tue May 03, 2011 9:50 pm

Here we go:

Let's start with the angle. It's okay. You have the majority of the aircraft in the shot and it's not too zoomed out. Since this shot focuses completely on the plane and not much else, I would have dropped the angle down a bit in order to give the aircraft a more powerful presence in the shot.

The one thing that I really don't like is that the shot is 33% gray ground. It's not very interesting to look at. Again, dropping the angle would eliminate some of the ground and give you more sky, which is more interesting to look at. That is, if there is some interesting weather. Try experimenting with different weather themes in order to make more attractive and interesting backgrounds.

Overall this is a nice screenshot. It's all subjective, but I think you have a good base and a good idea that can be added to to make it even better.

8-)
B-Valvs
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby CHUCK79 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:44 am

I agree with B-valvs.
It's too late to change the angle.......but, what you can do is crop some of the foreground out....
https://www.simviation.com/phpupload/upl ... 584615.jpg
B-valvs also mentioned weather......some clouds would definately add to the shot ;)
Great shot though....keep it up ;)
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Skunkworks » Wed May 04, 2011 7:14 pm

I think B-Valvs and Chuck are hitting the nail on the head with their critique of your very nice screenie!
Last edited by Skunkworks on Wed May 04, 2011 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Howdy! Safe and Happy Flying! Image Best concert/airshow ever!
Skunkworks
Major
Major

Postby DowninFlames » Mon May 23, 2011 10:05 pm

^^  linhely == Spammer

Nice shot, concur with the others. Perhaps one of the engines starting up/spinning would make it cooler too.
DowninFlames
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Studio V Screenshot Workshop