Rip This II

A workshop designed to help everyone improve their screenshot skills, featuring Simworld, the Screenart Gallery, tutorials, contests and much more!

Rip This II

Postby ApplePie » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:53 am

You know what to do. ;)

Don't forget that anybody can post a Rip This thread if they want to!
[center][url=http://www.mysimshots.net/photosearch.php?icao=&id=&airport=&aircraft=&country=&airline=&photographer=ApplePie&flightsim=&viewtype=&remarks=&page=&date=&order=views+desc][img]http://www.simviati
ApplePie
Major
Major

Re: Rip This II

Postby Frequent Flyer » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:10 pm

The clouds are too low, making them look as if the ground sliced them ::)
Frequent Flyer
Major
Major

Postby B-Valvs » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:15 pm

Jaggies on wing and in paintjob.

8-)
B-Valvs
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Rich H » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:16 pm

The texture on the plane isn't quite sharp and clear enough to make out, a few jaggies?

"Politics" is made up of two words, "Poli", which is Greek for "many", and "tics", which are blood sucking insects. - Gore Vidal
Rich H
Major
Major

Postby CHUCK79 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:50 pm

I think that the plane should be a little closer so that more detail can be seen
>:(
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Daube » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:44 am

Just saw the shot.
Just three remarks for me:

- the jaggies are indeed a problem, minor, but still a problem

- the plane could be bigger on that shot. I understand that you want a contrast between the "small" plane and the "big" cloud, but we're lacking some details here :)

- the cloud is cool. I don't think it's too low at all, the forest creates a nice effect, kind of jungle-style humidity. The three are cool too, but we can see the ground between them, they are not dense enough. Perhaps a good workaround would be to lower the altitude of the camera, the ground would not be visible anymore and the tree density would look greater.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ApplePie » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Thanks for the help fellas. 8-)
[center][url=http://www.mysimshots.net/photosearch.php?icao=&id=&airport=&aircraft=&country=&airline=&photographer=ApplePie&flightsim=&viewtype=&remarks=&page=&date=&order=views+desc][img]http://www.simviati
ApplePie
Major
Major

Postby gtirob01 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:51 am

I think overall its a good shot. The low clouds give it a mountainous feel. Yes, the plane is too far away, and that is why there are jaggies. Closer plane, less or no jaggies. In fact, i think id like the shot better without any aircraft in it.
My specs... A hard drive, motherboard, graphics card, some memory, a keyboard, mouse, and monitor - in other words, nothing special.

My Posky
gtirob01
Major
Major

Postby jnc1 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:03 am

All good points already raised.

My main pointer is to do with the composition of your shot. It gives a top heavy feel. This is caused by the shape of the land and the clouds. If you follow their line you see that they are creating two wedges with the lower end to the right. Add the sky to this and you have three well defined areas in your shot. The lower trees at the bottom, the hills in the middle and the sky at the top. Your cessna is being made to feel trapped by these and not in free flight. If it were higher in the shot and free of those wedge effect it would regain the feeling of freedom.

Piccie attached to show what I mean. With the Cessna moved up and the wedge lines drawn on

[/img]
Last edited by jnc1 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my site - www.screenshotworld.com
jnc1
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Studio V Screenshot Workshop