Soui's top tips

A workshop designed to help everyone improve their screenshot skills, featuring Simworld, the Screenart Gallery, tutorials, contests and much more!

Soui's top tips

Postby Souichiro » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:20 am

Hello all I like the idea of this forum.. here I shall give you some of my tips!

Now where allmost everyone starts talking about angles and technique and such. I won't!!!!!

First of all:

Be true to yourself.. Make screens the way you want them! Every single person here has his own style... Be true to your own style!

Think outside of the box! Though this comes dangerously close to a technique.. What I mean for instance when we first discovered thaty Kirk olsons F-16D was fully modeled in VC mode.. Some crazed idiot must have figuerd that out somehow and went outside the cockpit and had a look.

Know your limitations!.. or basically your sim's limitations.. I often hear phrases like " I wish My sim looked like that or I wish my pc was as good as yours) Well... tough luck it isn't but as has been said many times before.. a Proper machine is only the beginning it's what you do with it that's what counts. Some may tune their machines some may have their machines tuned.. Others ( like me ) will just have to do with what they have... In my case I avoid very crowded area;s like major airports for instant... LAX will kill my frames! allthough when nessecary I'll use crowded places and will just have to come with the 1fps....

Never be afraid to ask! If someone shows off something
Last edited by Souichiro on Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Souichiro
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Soui's top tips

Postby machineman9 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:26 am

nicely put  ;)

ill certainly use some of those tips
machineman9
Major
Major

Postby Souichiro » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:08 am

Thanks machineman! Imho these are the basic steps from which to develop techniques and such!
Souichiro
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Clipper » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:28 am

Lots of very useful information Soui. Great thread.. :)
Clipper
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Studio V Screenshot Workshop