The inevitable...

A workshop designed to help everyone improve their screenshot skills, featuring Simworld, the Screenart Gallery, tutorials, contests and much more!

The inevitable...

Postby lilley91 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:41 pm

AA

i was wondering how i can turn up the AA on my computer.

i have it turned on in FS itself, but i still get more jaggies than desired.

i took some screens of the control panel and the are that logically i thought of as to where it could be.

all help is greatly appreciated!

cheers
james
lilley91

Re: The inevitable...

Postby Tom. » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:45 pm

Well It wont Be their It will be in the cards control centre it depends if you have a ati or nvidia
Tom.
Captain
Captain

Postby lilley91 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:47 pm

and how do i work out which of those i have

i can do technical, up to a point, but from there i know nothing

cheers
james
lilley91

Postby Katahu » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:14 pm

To adjust the AA directly in your video card do the following:

Right-click on an empty space anyways on you desktop > Got to "properties" > "settings" tab > "advanced" button. You should see the main control panel of your video card. I don't know how the tabs look like for Nvidia, but the ATI control panel has a tab titled "3D". Go to the "3D" tab > "custom" button > You should then see the "direct 3d" options menu. The options on the top half should be "anti-aliasing" and "anisotropic filtering". Uncheck the box titled "application prefered" for the "anti-aliasing" option and select the level of the AA. I set mines to 4x.

Click "apply" and click "ok" all the way out of the control panel. At this point, the AA is automatically on and you DON'T need to turn the AA on from within FS9. In fact, turn off the AA option in FS9 because that would slow FS down since the AA is already on.

That should do it.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Jakemaster » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:19 pm

He has nVidia, just look at that last picture.  Click on that nVidia tab (top right) and under 3D Graphics (maybe performance, I dont remember how nVidia does it) look for AntiAliasing
Jakemaster

Postby lilley91 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:45 pm

having followed the instructions as far as possible, this is where i have got to

sorry to keep pestering, but this has me completely stumped
lilley91

Postby Jakemaster » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:46 pm

See the tab with the nVidia logo?  Click on it.  Thats where the settings are
Jakemaster

Postby Sir_Jon » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:50 am

This is for the nVidea Control panel. To get the best effect, turn AA off completely in Flight Sim, and crank it up on the control panel. If you need anymore help, just drop me a pm ;)
AMD Athlon
Sir_Jon
Major
Major

Return to Studio V Screenshot Workshop