how to get rid of A/C text about aircraft in screenshots

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

how to get rid of A/C text about aircraft in screenshots

Postby darrenvox » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:05 pm

if you constantly get the text written about your aircraft or ai aircraft in screenshots and want to edit this, then open up your image in any free or payware image editor and click on the select tool, and then hit the "delete key", once you are there hit on the clone stamp and mouse your way around the square markers/transparency squares and do your best to blend the background it to look like it was...

if it's too fuzzy or isn't perfect use any of the effects/blurs to your liking...

when ready hit save and you are done...

if reading this is too hard on the eyes or you need a chance to figure it out another way here's a youtube vid with the same thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhzMs2y9LP4
darrenvox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: how to get rid of A/C text about aircraft in screenshots

Postby Hagar » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:54 pm

Good tip. We all have our own pet ways of doing things but I wouldn't use the selection tool at all. Quicker & easier to use the Clone tool to cover the offending text without selecting it first.

Easier still: unless you particularly want the Aircraft Labels showing you can disable them from Traffic settings in the sim.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby darrenvox » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:33 am

that's true as well, but I use the select and cut tools cause I am not good at doing anything with drawing with mouse and selecting very well to an exact perfection so that's how I do it!!
darrenvox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:05 am

Fair enough. As I said, we all have our own pet methods. ;)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hannah69 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:11 am

To remove A/C text from aircraft screenshots, you can use photo editing software like Photoshop or GIMP. First, select the text area using a selection tool, then use the clone stamp or healing brush tool to blend it with the surrounding background. Be sure to match colors and textures for a seamless result. Keep the edit subtle to avoid making it look unnatural. Finally, save the edited screenshot. Remember to respect copyright and privacy when sharing edited images.
Hannah69
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase