A "Classic" for Flying Trucker

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

A "Classic" for Flying Trucker

Postby CHUCK79 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:57 pm

This is the oldest whirly bird I have for now.

The Alouette III
Very stable, but trim is sensitive.

Thanks for looking!
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: A "Classic" for Flying Trucker

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:00 pm

excellent photos (french vfr alouette?), I think my PC would melt if it had msfs... although some said that it manages resources better than fsx.
One question... can the simulator be used "offline"?... and how much does it weigh in GB to have the complete "world" in msfs?
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby CHUCK79 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:13 pm

Delta Tango Nine Two wrote:excellent photos (french vfr alouette?), I think my PC would melt if it had msfs... although some said that it manages resources better than fsx.
One question... can the simulator be used "offline"?... and how much does it weigh in GB to have the complete "world" in msfs?

Yeah, the Alouette III by Taog's Hangar for MSFS

I was running it on an i7 7700/GTX1070 and a disk drive before I upgraded. I think that's about as low as you can go and still enjoy it, honestly.

It can be ran offline after initial install.

My MSFS folder (with all World Updates and 3rd party Add-ons) is 432GB
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dave T » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:24 pm

Great shots, love to see a few shots of helicopters.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Flying Trucker » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:15 am

Wonderful set Chuck
:clap: :dance:

I remember seeing a few of those during my career.

Hope you can come by some older piston pounding rotary aircraft during your travels as you always post a great set on rotary wing aircraft.

Cheers

Doug
<<q
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Daube » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:42 am

Beautiful shots !! 8-)
I haven't bought that copter yet, but it's on the "to-buy" list already. I might have to buy the Mi-17 at first, though :D
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Daube » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:49 am

Delta Tango Nine Two wrote:excellent photos (french vfr alouette?), I think my PC would melt if it had msfs... although some said that it manages resources better than fsx.

Can you remind us what computer hardware you have right now ?

MSFS does indeed use the hardware ressources much better than FSX. As an example, I do get better performance/quality ratio in MSFS than I ever got in P3D or FSX. My computer is an i7 8700k coupled with an old GTX 1070ti running with Windows 10 64 bits.

You can use it offline after installation, but then you lose the beautiful ground photorealistic textures, replaced by ugly generic textures. There's a "buffer" system in the sim though, but it works only when you have visited a zone once. And it's likely that you'll have to delete that buffer after each sim update. In the end, it depends on your internet connection. You do NOT need a very fast fiber-style connection at all, though. My brother still has an old ADSL connection with a maximum speed of 25 Mb/sec, and it is sufficient. The only problem comes for the initial installation (around 100 GB), optional content (World Updates, enhancements for specific zones of the globe), as all the mandatory updates. But he just let them run during daytime, while he is out at work.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby CHUCK79 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:09 pm

Thanks, guys! <<u
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:26 pm

Daube wrote:

Can you remind us what computer hardware you have right now ?

MSFS does indeed use the hardware ressources much better than FSX. As an example, I do get better performance/quality ratio in MSFS than I ever got in P3D or FSX. My computer is an i7 8700k coupled with an old GTX 1070ti running with Windows 10 64 bits.

You can use it offline after installation, but then you lose the beautiful ground photorealistic textures, replaced by ugly generic textures. There's a "buffer" system in the sim though, but it works only when you have visited a zone once. And it's likely that you'll have to delete that buffer after each sim update. In the end, it depends on your internet connection. You do NOT need a very fast fiber-style connection at all, though. My brother still has an old ADSL connection with a maximum speed of 25 Mb/sec, and it is sufficient. The only problem comes for the initial installation (around 100 GB), optional content (World Updates, enhancements for specific zones of the globe), as all the mandatory updates. But he just let them run during daytime, while he is out at work.

Thanks for worrying about me... but... my pc is a toaster...
-intel core I5 3570 3.4GHZ (3.8 with turbo boost default)
-asus p8h77-v
-10gb ram dd3 kingston
-western digital hdd 1 tb (mechanical disk)
-graphics: those provided by the microprocessor: Intel HD Graphics 2500 (a potato)

originally my pc was built in 2013... to support 2-4gb video cards... but even if it did... it would be a bit outdated... plus i can't switch to ddr4-5 ram anymore, my motherboard won't allow it...
as the microprocessor does all the work, i usually watch out for temperature problems.
but mainly the problem is that financially i am not even close to being able to make an upgrade for my pc....
i mean... my fsx-se with all the freewares mods and addons... it runs 30-40 gbs... even though i have 1tb, a lot of it is full... i couldn't handle more than 400gb of data... just to make it look pretty. in FSX i try to focus on flying... not looking at the terrain. <<s
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:23 am

Ah yes, I understand. :(
Indeed the change to newer sims won't be possible for the moment, because you would need more RAM as well as a dedicated graphic card. Keeping with FSX makes sense.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase