training overdose

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

training overdose

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:29 pm

A long time ago I said I needed a subsonic jet training aircraft. (or any FREEWARE military jet that does not overcome the sound barrier)... my primary option was the M326 from dino cattaneo... which is excellent... but on my PC it had terrible FPS problems. I tried with the t-45 goshawk...and it was even worse with the fps....I tried with the TA-4 skyhawk (the two-seat training version) (all dino cattaneo models) and it resulted in oom and bad fps... Luckily the S-211 appeared (which for months I developed the gray cabin textures published in simviation)

Anyway... last week I decided to "give another chance" to those models... and what do you think?... they work well!!! I don't know what the hell happened... anyway, the answer is "it's FSX, don't try to understand it, just enjoy it if you can" :roll: :roll:

Looking at these new models, I can confirm that the s-211 and the goshawk are the most "training" that fit my choice
(the m326 IS the world class trainer, but it is somewhat outdated and slow (in comparison the s211 is fast, and has analog and digital cockpits with hud), the TA-4 skyhawk is impressive...but I don't know where it is The "training" on that plane actually seems like a trainer for low altitude combat, not for novice pilots learning to fly a jet)
(after much deliberation, I decided to remove the restauravia paris from the competition, and try to try the dassault etendard M freeware, which is great and not supersonic)

Enough talk...I decided to take some photos of some training planes. (Since the dino ones have rocket launchers, I decided to use them... even on the little grob) all freewares:
-AVRO 621 TUTOR (By Nigel Richards and Team) (4 packs on simouhouse)
-TIGER MOTH (by Ant's)
-GROB G115E (by IRIS)
-ZLIN Z-142 (by PWDT)
-M326 (by dino cattaneo)
-TA-4 skyhawk (by dino cattaneo)
-S-211 (by dino cattaneo)
-????? (freeware)

(I still need to add the PC-9, the Texan... and maybe the Trojan A)

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: training overdose

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:36 pm

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:57 pm

Exam result:Failed (F)
Instructor's observations:
I have never seen a student like this... it is less dangerous to land on an aircraft carrier at night in the middle of a hurricane than to fly with this guy... on each flight with this guy, the only part of the plane that returns intact is the ejectable seat... the student spends more time talking and looking at the "beautiful day, sky and clouds" and releasing the controls to take photos with his smartphone. Instead of me testing him, he was testing my ability to remain cool and calm in situations of extreme danger. It would be better for him to dedicate himself to flying...but only RC airplanes...or flight simulation...but with a responsible adult by his side.
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby CHUCK79 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:16 pm

Great set! Some cool aircraft!
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase