Marchetti

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

Marchetti

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:06 pm

Hello good mornig for everyone.... <<q
As promised, I completed the texture work for Dino Cattaneo's S-211 / M-311 / M-345

short review:
it's a very nice freeware model (for my VERY underperforming PC, it's a bit heavy to carry in terms of fps...but at least much better than the t-45, or other Dino models). Only the front cabin is made in the VC... (the one in the rear seat is not modeled, perhaps because it is freeware). the systems are basic, and there aren't many buttons you can touch.
in the modernized version (m-311 and m-345) there are screens and huds with several functions... but nothing complex

my modifications:
external textures:

unfortunately, the textures were in HIGH, HIGH RESOLUTION, making each modification with the DXTBMP editor take up many megabytes.....so I reduced the resolution to ugly 1024x1024 (so sorry) :( :(

Something VERY important to clarify is that the textures ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE BETWEEN MODELS (S-211, M-311, M-345)....the "311" has a light on the nose, and the "345" has the nose larger....this means that you can NOT take textures from "211" to (for example) 311 or 345....
It was especially difficult to find these details in the textures (the position where they are in the texture)...because there are no other textures that help me understand the positions where they are. the "345" is especially difficult :evil: :evil: , its long nose has several "separated" texture sectors...and "overlapping" (even worse). that's why the only original texture that comes in the package is just one color on the whole nose.. (and obviously the texture I made is like that too)

Externally I only made a few modifications...the wheels were gray with details...that look strange when rolling...so I darkened everything......and the exhaust from the turbine.....originally it can be seen see the bottom of the turbine shining...something strange...so I also darkened this. (it is rare that in flight you can see the inside of the turbine as if it were illuminated by a flashlight)

I made 4 modified textures:
(credit goes to Dino Cattaneo, for creating these textures, I just modified them)
two are for the S-211, one for the M-311, and one for the M-345

-RETRO (for the s211)
It's the "white" livery to which I modified the striped pattern on the wings, I removed the stripes from the wings and put them at the ends, I also added stripes on the horizontal stabilizers,...also I darkened the blue color of the stripes ....and of course remove all license plates and marks of "MARCHETTI" or similar. I also added red helmets to the pilots

-ARROW (for the s211)
This was the "singapore" livery, I removed stripes from the wings, added red ones, and changed the orange color... to dark blue. I added dark gray helmets. and modify the fins (all) in the shape of your stripes and paint shapes. remove registrations and marks.

-TACTIC (ONLY for the m311)
This was the original "JPATS USAF" livery, which I modified to be compatible with the m311 (it is no longer possible to "go back"). change the purple color to dark blue-green, add stripes to the wings, and modify the paint pattern on the rear fuselage (it doesn't look like it but it's VERY different from the original). I added "clear" helmets and removed marks and license plates.

-TEST (ONLY for the m-345)
originally it was the green "ISITF" livery.... I changed the color to blue, added white stripes to the wings, and fins, and changed the whole nose to avoid a texture problem on the nose. I added black helmets, removed license plates, etc etc...

VIRTUAL COCKPIT:
the original vc had a greenish-grey color that was somewhat "outdated" (I'm not complaining, it's the REAL cabin, and if so I respect it... I just did my modification). I changed the color to the two cabins (211 with original vc, and 345 with modernized vc) to DARK GRAY (many times I clarified that this is not simply taking it to the editor and choosing "black and white" and then darkening the texture just like that. ..you must make sure that every bit of color is respected....LETTERS, SIGNS, LIGHTS, SCREWS, etc... make sure that the darkest areas are NEVER absolute black... and make sure that the "fictitious shadows" that Sometimes the textures do not enlarge (the shadows on the sides of the instruments) or you only get some dark spots and the main panel will barely see its surface.
(This is something that I clarified on page 1 of the TDS 737 PROJECT thread, where it is more detailed)
https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... p?t=181561

Anyway....here are the photos...in order the comparison "before/after", "retro", "arrow", "tactic", "test" appears...then the vc (original and modernized)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Marchetti

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:13 pm

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:14 pm

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:41 pm

Well....
I already made modifications for:
-basler BT-67
-C-47/DC3
-C-117D
-cessna 150l of french vfr (it is something rare)
-cessna 182k from flysimware (freeware)
-fokker f-27 de gaurant
-p-38l civil from milviz (freeware but no longer found on the internet)
-dassault MYSTERE IV
-morane PARIS by restauravia
-S-211(and 311, and 345) by dino cattaneo

and now..... yes, I go for my LOVED ONES <<q ;) :dance: :
-iris T-6A TEXAN II
-iris pilatus pc-9
-Airbus a-319 project
-Boeing 737-700 project

maybe (and just maybe) add SIMPLE texture mods to the:
-ants tiger moth (freeware old biplane)
-avro 621 tutor (old biplane freeware)
-cessna 206 SOLOY (maybe I make it a gray cabin)
-ryan Navion B
-zlin z-142

BYE <<q <<r <<v
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby darrenvox » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:01 pm

nice there
darrenvox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:32 pm

hello everyone! <<q
I just uploaded the file right now (it's about 800 MB)

I apologize for the delays
(my job and personal life took up a lot of time, at least there won't be a job at the end of the year)... so I will dedicate myself to finishing projects... this week and part of the next I will be uploading files. greetings.
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:54 am

small explanation:
with the original cockpit textures...fsx works for me with 650MB (in ram)
and....with the MODIFIED cockpit textures...fsx works for me with 900MB (in ram)... and the version with screens and HUD...in 1100MB of ram. tested in the same conditions.
Maybe this doesn't matter to you who have PCs that run P3D or MSFS...with a lot of RAM...but I'm surfing the OOM (out of memory) (my PC and fsx are always at the limit of emotions)
I don't know what your PCs will be like...but there will be an increase in ram usage (because the modified textures are larger in size) (because of DXTBMP...I still don't know how to save in high quality without loss...and at the same time that I save in 16mb or 8mb... it happens to me that if I edit an 8mb texture... and I save it without loss of quality... it increases double... and in some textures this does not happen (especially 1024x1024)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby darrenvox » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:48 pm

cool stuff there <<q <<q <<q
darrenvox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby CHUCK79 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:04 pm

Great work!
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:07 am

Good morning... sorry for the late message... I have made a small addition to the package... (that's why I removed V1, and now V2 is online) What changed?

An original texture by Dino Cattaneo (originally his, not mine) has a small lighting error... anyway, I took the opportunity to include a modification that corrects that.
In addition, the same package is in 2 versions: high definition and low definition textures.
The high definition package is the original (I just added the "fix")
The low resolution package is a COMPLETE job of TEXTURES (not only mine, but also all of dino cattaneo's). This is a significant saving in RAM and fps.

I know that many are now on MSFS, or P3D V6...etc, (with a PC that can handle them) but some are still (just for fun, because they have specific addons, or a very underpowered PC (as is my case)) we are in FSX...or fs9.

SALUDOS! <<q
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase