Douglas Force,Part 7: END

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

Douglas Force,Part 7: END

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun May 28, 2023 8:33 am

hello, everyone <<q

It is the end, the last part of this series... I really enjoyed flying these models...the dc-3...the basler...and especially the c-117 :clap: ...I can only thank to manfred jahn....i forgot....to all the work team (manfred only made the external model), jan visser for making the VC (the modern and the old), and everyone who loves DOUGLAS dc -3 and helped by creating textures. :clap: :clap:
After a lot of work (a month), I don't want to keep these textures by myself...so I'll be asking the creators of these textures for their permission to publish these modifications here. :pray:

going back to the thread... there were only 2 textures left to show...
as I said before... the c-117 had few texture choices... so I took 5 (which I THINK are the best)

LIVERY EX-SKYFREIGHTERS
(all credit for creating this texture goes to "jankees") <<q
to this BEAUTIFUL texture I just added two red lines on the tail rudder... in addition to the following modifications:
-I changed the colors of the lines to RED (before they were brown)
-"clean" engine cylinders
-added "zebra" propellers
-delete logos and license plates
-added two red lines on the tail rudder (to accompany the lines of the fuselage and not look so "empty")
-and I added all the modifications of previous textures (wheel color, matte edges, etc..etc)
Little more can be done, the original texture is excellent, and beautiful, so with only these modifications, it already seemed well finished.

LIVERY EX CANEDO
(all credit for creating this texture goes to "jankees"... and tom tiedman) <<q <<q
I almost didn't choose this livery...(at the beginning of ALL this series of dc-3-basler-117 modifications, I chose this texture and modified it...but then I discarded it...although pretty, it had detail problems......At the end of all the work, I chose it again... and despite the problems... I did everything I could to modify it...
Mainly the problem is that the ENTIRE white upper part...is WHITE WITHOUT DETAILS (no lines, shadows, rivets, door lines, rudder lines...etc)
...well, you see, on the internet there is a livery called c-117 UNITED NATIONS (credits to tom tiedman)...the paint is completely white...with ALL the details INCLUDED (rivets, and lines)...
I just erased the UNITED NATIONS marks, erased some license plates, and patches... AND CUT THE UPPER SECTION, AND ADDED IT TO THE LIVERY "CANEDO"
and voila!!!
Obviously I also made the following modifications:
-change the color of the stripes, from green to blue
-added blue ribbons on the tail rudder
-added shiny silver propellers with yellow tips (borrowed from dc-3 EX-PAA)
-and I added all the modifications of previous textures (wheel color, matte edges, etc..etc)
and I think that's it...

I forgot to add that to all the 5 textures of the c-117 that I modified I added
-added red and white markings on the fuselage antennas
-added the red and black ladder
-I kept the same color for the interior of the fuselage
-I have made color changes inside the FLAPS according to the texture
-and I added color to the nose (from the VC point of view) according to the texture (if the plane had a white nose...in the VC it will look like this

without further ado, the photos, in order first ex-skyfreighters, and then ex-canedo
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Douglas Force,Part 7: END

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun May 28, 2023 8:42 am

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun May 28, 2023 8:44 am

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun May 28, 2023 8:53 am

Finally, I want to add a photo of the VC of the c-117 (although I previously published the cockpit patch, it was not well exposed) in the following photo you can see where it is placed:
(by the way, for all the photos of the 117, I made flights across the Caribbean Sea, going from island to island)
I also clarify that I did not make any modifications to the VC... I just added the patch.
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun May 28, 2023 9:10 am

CREDITS:

manfred jahn and all the work team around the magnificent BASLER BT-67, DC-3, and the C-117D
repainters:
for the basler:
-THAI air force texture ... (original that comes with the package), credits to manfred jahn and his team.
-BELL GEOSPACE texture by Daniel Fuernkaess (Cheese-Strike Repaints)

[b]for the DC-3 /C-47[/b]
-polished metal.....it is a fusion of textures ...mainly the credit goes to jan kees blom
-"aussie" based on an original texture by Jan Kees Blom
-belgian AF, from "Bernhard" "B. Lechner."
-congo queen by "mako8841"
-frontier, by Ron Attwood
-"Holland", by Emile Lancee
-pan american airways, by jan kees blom
-piedmont, by manfred jahn (or his team)
-spooky, for "Duckie" (...or Steve Bryant)

for the C-117D
-RAF, by baernhard
-polished metal, by tom tiedman
-skyfreighters, by jan kees blom
-navy, by jan kees blom
-canedo, by jan kees blom

I can only say to them... THANK YOU!!!! <<r

previous parts:
part 1: https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 2&t=181984
part 2: https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 2&t=181992
part 3: https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 2&t=181999
part 4: https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 2&t=182000