Douglas Force,Part 5: This is the END...

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

Douglas Force,Part 5: This is the END...

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:01 am

obviously:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3p-JOAacVk
and if you don't like it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5NxBAYlGZQ
(I live very south of South America.. but this song... even so, nostalgia invades me)

(context: at dawn, after ten hours of flights, and almost no sleep for 2 days)
-boys, you must be tired
-No problem! After this breakfast and coffee, we will be ready to go.
-Very good, because we are going to need them ALL day....

"We flew alone through the valley, (...) we were so tired that precautions and even fear were put aside as we reached areas (...) virgin and without company or coverage. Noon indicated that twenty-four hours had passed since we left the field (...). It seemed like a month had passed. we had been flying for about twenty of those twenty-four hours. it didn't matter that we were both laughing every time we landed... we were delirious.
We continue to fly all day and all night. I don't remember (the) refuelings...I don't remember the landings...I don't even remember who we took or where (we took them)....I can't count the number of departures, or anything that is supposed to which should have been registered. Later we were congratulated for our serene attitude in the midst of enemy fire...
...but I can't even remember the fire."

"Chickenhawk" by Robert Mason

Good weekend to everyone! <<v <<q
As the title says (and the video above), it's the end... of the part about the DC-3/C-47 (I'll continue with the C-117D which is very small in comparison)
the LAST two liveries are SPOOKY (in the first douglas force thread I called him "Flashbacks" :doh: ) and HOLLAND (or "ex-holland")

livery SPOOKY
I have searched all over the internet, although there is some texture that claims to be "spooky" the camouflage pattern does not match the one worn by the real spooky. (obviously, it's green, light green, and brown...but the pattern of lines wasn't the same).
so i edited the painting that looks more like a spooky, which belonged to the "EC-47P Iron Butterfly" (ALL credit for this creation goes to "Duckie" from simouthouse) ...but I made "fictitious" modifications, so it's not 100% Spooky
(besides all the added wheels, bumps...etc)
-added matte black propeller, with yellow tips (FICTIONAL, the Spooky had matte silver propellers)
-remove all marks of air forces (or logos of the usaf, nor of the squadron,...etc) (also those of the original "ironbutterfly")
-I darkened engine cylinders, and prop shafts A LOT.
-added A LOT of security flags (I guess they are wrong, and they are fictitious)
-and of course, THE MOST IMPORTANT MODIFICATION, I darkened the entire base of the plane (wings and fuselages). this job cost me a lot, and it didn't come out as good as i wanted,... but according to real photos of Spookys, the color was dark gray (not pure black), and the edges of the gray on the fuselage were wavy, not straight. especially difficult was painting the base of the motor in grey.
-" we warned you!! " (completely FICTIONAL, I don't know if it is translated correctly... but in Spanish I wanted to say "TE LO ADVERTIMOS!".
EDITED: I Forgot to mention to I modify the color, balance, and hue of the green and brown colors. now it is darker, and the green is "stronger" (originally everything was light)

livery holland
(all credit for this texture goes to Emile Lancee)
This is the livery in which I worked the least to modify, I was almost about to throw away the work of this painting, I hardly made any modifications.
-Just remove some logos and license plates.
-added a decorative ribbon on the tail.
-I turned some sectors (propellers) shiny silver
-mainly I made the "alpha" layer of the trim strips less bright

Obviously, the photos are almost at dusk, over the river, and also at dawn. (I made the mistake of leaving the lights on, I suppose that in real missions they had everything turned off. Especially the night spooky ones to avoid anti-aircraft fire).

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Douglas Force,Part 5: This is the END...

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:16 am

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:18 am

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun May 07, 2023 9:17 am

This is the livery in which I worked the least to modify, I was almost about to throw away the work of this painting, I hardly made any modifications.

I knew it, I knew it, I felt it, something was missing from that painting...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikVl8dEcBls

Good weekend to everyone... <<v
I have done a complete rework on the ex-Holland painting...it took me 6 hours to get it as I wanted. My idea was for this painting to be more "defined", the darker base, the more vivid colors...etc...something that the original was duller (I'm not saying that the original is bad or ugly at all. As it is a painting based on a REAL plane, if the plane was like that, then it's perfect) (since I'm doing "modifications" to all those plane paintings, I can give them a "twist" or complete change or details)

ALL CREDIT FOR Emile Lancee for the original repaint

what do i modify? (in the following order):
-I made all the yellow, red and blue lines (decoration stripes) to be WELL defined, (originally all the lines were blurred)
-"cut out" the base, wings, and rudders of the "baremetal" livery (see part 1), and darkened it a lot. (this job took me many hours)
-I made the blue stripe end before reaching the tail rudder (...because originally the left and right blue stripe did not coincide in the same place when reaching the end of the tail :shock: )
-I made the cockpit windows white color several centimeters larger (before the blue reached the cockpit windows)
-I made the blue and red stripes darker, stronger (they originally had a muted color) (obviously, the same for the ends of the propellers, which have the same color)
-added yellow stripes to the tail rudder (which had previously added red and blue stripes)
-I added anti-reflective black paint on the sides of the engine, and darkened the base cone of the propeller. and minor details on the engine exhaust

...once the painting was as I wanted, I need to do the other half of the job....

-the ALPHA layer.... adjust the layer to the new design, adding and avoiding the areas that do not need shine (matt paints, anti-reflective... etc)
-I made the alpha layer VERY VERY bright (the base of the fuselage and the wings are very dark, but with the shine it turns into a metal gray color) (all this work took me 4 more hours)
-I modified the "spec" file to adapt to the new design (but I did that just like that, reluctantly, because the effects are not noticeable)
I guess I'm forgetting something... I did more things but I don't even remember anymore... so here are the photos: :D
(OPEN THE PHOTOS IN A NEW TAB AND COMPARE THE BEFORE AND AFTER)(the first photo is the original, and the following is the final modification)

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun May 07, 2023 9:29 am

By the way, I was taking photos, and seeing what time was best for me to take them, when at dawn the moon appeared in a giant size :shock: :o (it's normal, but on the horizon it seems to get much bigger... the texture is from the package "hd_moon_texture_v3_0")
In addition to this, I reviewed all the textures of the DC-3/C-47, texture by texture, detail by detail... I checked everything, discovered some small errors of mine, corrected them all.
that's all...the next part will be the C-117D. greetings. <<r <<v <<q
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase