Milviz Sabre

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

Milviz Sabre

Postby Dave T » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:46 pm

A few shots of the Milviz Sabre.

<<s
Dave T
Major
Major

Re: Milviz Sabre

Postby Mtnbiker29er » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:18 am

The ole Sabre. Great shot ! Is that Avalon in the background?
Mtnbiker29er
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby yancovitch » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:36 pm

love the second shot....throw in a section 8 version too.....my favorite...
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:53 pm

I just got the freeware MILVIZ F-86 (it has two internal packages "MV_F-86_TP_v4.170607.zip" and "MV_F-86_v4.170607.zip"...I only installed the latter...what is the other one, what function does it have?)

I have some questions about this and other models, if anyone wants to answer...

I am choosing a "jet trainer, small, 1 or 2 seats and low performance" (I mean, some jet that does not overcome the sound barrier)
It doesn't have to be a 100% jet trainer..but it's nice (an old fighter could be)
(must be freeware)

I am between the:
DINO CATTANEO S211 (includes modernized upgrades)
DINO CATTANEO TA-4 SKYHAWK
RESTAURAVIA MORANE PARIS
MILVIZ F-86

I clarify that the t-45 goshawk, or another that is not on the list, discard them due to serious FPS problems. (formerly I had the L39 ALBATROS from doughbree designs... I had revamped its textures... but everything was deleted)
so far, only the PARIS is "VERY complex plane but good in FPS" (the others look like slides)

Is there another decent f-86 freeware? (comparable to these mentioned)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:02 pm

Section 8!!!! section 8!!!!

I see it, that f-86 seems friendly in fps... but I see that there are MANY VERSIONS... AND PACKAGES (some report texture problems)
Does anyone know of a "new" package or that you know works correctly on fsx-se from section 8 sabre?
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:04 pm

The section F8 Sabre is really a Fs9 model but works well in FSX, some people have had problems with the glass & the gun reticle is black. There was an update avilable awhile ago.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Mtnbiker29er » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:45 pm

The Milviz F86 "TP" version I believe is the TacPak version so I only think it's for owners of that addon. Works fine with just the other installer. I did have an issue with Milviz's night lighting feature-> 'MV_F86_NL.exe' which is located in the texture folder of the F86. Since I'll probably only fly this during the day, I decided just to take it out for now. Should you have issues with it, it may be that you need to set the exe as administrator.
Mtnbiker29er
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:58 pm

Delta Tango Nine Two wrote:I just got the freeware MILVIZ F-86 (it has two internal packages "MV_F-86_TP_v4.170607.zip" and "MV_F-86_v4.170607.zip"...I only installed the latter...what is the other one, what function does it have?)

I have some questions about this and other models, if anyone wants to answer...

I am choosing a "jet trainer, small, 1 or 2 seats and low performance" (I mean, some jet that does not overcome the sound barrier)
It doesn't have to be a 100% jet trainer..but it's nice (an old fighter could be)
(must be freeware)

I am between the:
DINO CATTANEO S211 (includes modernized upgrades)
DINO CATTANEO TA-4 SKYHAWK
RESTAURAVIA MORANE PARIS
MILVIZ F-86

I clarify that the t-45 goshawk, or another that is not on the list, discard them due to serious FPS problems. (formerly I had the L39 ALBATROS from doughbree designs... I had revamped its textures... but everything was deleted)
so far, only the PARIS is "VERY complex plane but good in FPS" (the others look like slides)

Is there another decent f-86 freeware? (comparable to these mentioned)

I'm surprised about your FPS problems with Dino's T-45. That one of one of the best and lightest freeware models available ever made for FSX and P3D, and it's really the perfect trainer, especially for training on aircraft carriers.
Concerning the F-86, indeed the Section F8 Sabre is an FS9 model. You will not find anything better than the one from Milviz. I don't even know why you want another one, in fact :D

Concerning the other jets you mentioned above:
- the S211 might be very nice, but not sure why it would have any less impact than his T-45...
- The TA-4 Skyhawk I don't know that model. Knowing Dino, this might be quite enjoyable.
- The Morane Paris was done by Piglet, right ? If so, nice model and quite light on the FPS as far as I remember, but a bit dated on the graphical point of view.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Mtnbiker29er » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:00 pm

There is another Morane MS760 plane over at Restauravia. It is a more updated model of the MS760 Paris. Very nice model and has minimal fps impact even on my old system. I also like their latest MirageIIIB and the Fouga Zephyr for FSX

...might I also suggest the AMX-1A re-released in 2019 on this site.
Last edited by Mtnbiker29er on Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mtnbiker29er
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:37 pm

yes... the t-45 (for my pc) is very "fps-eating"... just like the f-86 milviz (how I regret this very much!!!!)
sectionF8 F86 is "old"...but unbelievably it has a certain degree of difficulty (I tried it, and its manual, and its systems are quite good)
dino's TA-4... you can find it here on simviation (it was published "recently" for p3d, and other for fsx)... but like the f-86 it feels more like a "fighter" than a "trainer" (even being TA -)

(To understand, compare the cockpit of the T-6A TEXAN II with that of the T-6B/C TEXAN II. The former has traditional systems ONLY for basic flight, the latter has HUDs, displays and weapons systems...although both they can train the same, in the first one you enjoy flying, and in the second one you are focused on the systems) (in fact this is why I am improving the freeware T-6A texan II from iris, they did the B/C)

(last edit of VC here) https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 5#p1318915
https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 2&t=181543
https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 2&t=181606

As someone else said, the PIGLET morane paris... I ruled it out from the beginning... I was talking about the RESTAURAVIA MORANE PARIS. (you need FSUIPC, and reading the manual required)...it's beautiful, and fast in fps (and light on RAM)

I wanted to clarify that the t-45 (as strange as it may seem) did not seem like a "great" model to me... it looked like a "combat trainer" (focused on COMBAT flight), its cockpit is very dark, and I don't know how explain it... weird. (besides the fps problem that I have)

the morane paris (from restauravia) ...(or an imaginary l-39 albatros, or an MB-339) seems to me better "flight trainer jets" (focused on flight learning)
(by the way, the dino MB-336 also caused me serious fps problems, that's why I discarded it... and it WAS my number 1 choice)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby darrenvox » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:11 pm

smashing!!
darrenvox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby glidebank » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:46 am

Cool shots Dave :clap: