le turbo baguette

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

le turbo baguette

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:07 pm

well... while I wait for the start of other projects (a319, 757 freemium maybe)

I decided to make ONE "private" or "retro" livery on every plane I own
I already made my T-6A TEXAN II and PC-9 freewares (you can see them here: https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 2&t=181543)
so I started with the FOKKER F27 FRIENDSHIP by Benoit Gaurant
since there is no paintkit (and anyway...I don't know how to use it...and I'm also very new to editing textures correctly)
(I mean, I don't use photoshop, I don't use full editing programs...just paint.net...and "trial and error")

I decided to make a retired F-27...private called "OLD SCHOOL"...and in its cockpit I made the "friendship mk5" markings
(I just erased the air inter markings...I added a gray vertical fin)
These photos are in France, the afternoon of 7/16/2022
(graphics to a minimum to make it as fluid and less memory usage... please excuse me)

something that I noticed "strange" (very strange)...is that the plane when ascending tries to lift the rear wheels before the front one.... and when landing the nose points to the ground... you can't land " leveled" (I assume it has STOL characteristics)

thank you Benoit Gaurant for such a beautiful plane <<v

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: le turbo baguette

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:18 pm

in the last 50 feet, still off the runway... it was flying very slowly... and the nose was still down...
I raised the nose of the plane to level off... (very low speed) and I felt it...that ugly feeling of being about to stall (I think for an instant I stalled...) :o the stick it was completely retracted to the chest....yet the plane didn't even lift the nose....in panic I increased power...miraculously with more power the plane managed to level the nose, and it was a very hard landing...but sure (at least for me, I wasn't in the back of the plane, I don't know what the passengers would think)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby hertzie » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:15 am

Great repaint for a beautiful design & designer!

hertzie.
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pilotwin7 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:01 am

Delta Tango Nine Two wrote:well... while I wait for the start of other projects (a319, 757 freemium maybe)

I decided to make ONE "private" or "retro" livery on every plane I own
I already made my T-6A TEXAN II and PC-9 freewares (you can see them here: https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 2&t=181543)
so I started with the FOKKER F27 FRIENDSHIP by Benoit Gaurant
since there is no paintkit (and anyway...I don't know how to use it...and I'm also very new to editing textures correctly)
(I mean, I don't use photoshop, I don't use full editing programs...just paint.net...and "trial and error")

I decided to make a retired F-27...private called "OLD SCHOOL"...and in its cockpit I made the "friendship mk5" markings
(I just erased the air inter markings...I added a gray vertical fin)
These photos are in France, the afternoon of 7/16/2022
(graphics to a minimum to make it as fluid and less memory usage... please excuse me)

:D Mr. Delta Tango Nine Two, sir... :clap: :dance: You are much better than my and I do agree what you say there. :think: :idea: Looking back when... my first post I use window XP paint kit, and put "The Crew" and THC 's my name on and slogan: Your Cargo - Our Destinations. :P :violin: :oops: :roll: https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 2&t=173498

:pray: Something quite simple is that, but it took me more than a day to understand how' work :pray: :roll: ;) That's becomes my first own plane. :dance: :dance: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen: I encourage everyone should try it.... :dance: :dance: It's so much fun seeing yourself customize paint and you're enjoying and pleasure to call your own. :dance: :dance: :clap:

LIFE would be BORING if it was EASY

:D Thank you!... ;) Mr. Delta Tango Nine Two, for your time sharing with us. :clap: :dance: :clap:
Have a nice landing <<q
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:11 pm

Thank you very much for the answers and comments...

yes, as i said, this fokker f27 model is FREEWARE, and the original painting is the original one by Benoit Gaurant that comes in the package...I just erased the logos and added mine...
Little by little I am learning, but I don't mean to do even in-depth livery design work. (it is easy for me to make stripes and lines, ideal for retro style)

all credit for the painting goes to Benoit Gaurant and his f27 freeware.
later I will publish another of flysimware freware cessna skyline. <<r
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:42 pm

good evening everyone (it is, where I write) <<q
I made some updates to my "old school" texture
(as you know... there are almost no repaints for this excellent model... so I reused the default paints and edited them)
(they exist on the internet, one from finnair, another from air new england, ... but they are almost identical to the original default ones)

As I was saying, I changed the blue to the "old school" for a darker one (unfortunately not as dark as I would like, since the "saw teeth" on the edges of the lines would be noticeable), I also added some blue and red ribbons on the the tail, and also blue wingtips.

based on the air new england texture (which is going around somewhere on the internet)... I was able to make the following texture (I call it "white, with ribbons"), as you can see, it's very simple (like my brain) :D

I will publish these textures VERY SOON here in simviation.
That's all for today, tomorrow I will surely publish the second part of the textures of the Douglas DC-3 / C-47

Cheers <<s <<q
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:21 pm

ahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: I'M STILL ALIVE!!!!!
Wow!!!! How nostalgic I am... reading myself from 2 years ago... summarizing what was mentioned above... some things did not change... I still use paint.net... and my brain is still simple :doh: ...and as I said above... in my simplicity, making stripes and lines is what works best for me... for a retro style.
In these months that I was "silent", I continued with the projects... and finally one of what I wanted most is finished. (in fact, it has always been like this, my most worked on projects are always at the end of the list) (and that means that there are already the best ones left to be released)
summary: Benoit Gaurant's Fokker f-27 model is EXCELLENT... the problem: there are almost no repaints or painkits. (in simouthouse they tried some... but very few or almost none)

so... I made 7 "private" liveries and a painkit (and new cameras to add)
characteristics:
-New Paint Kit: the original contained "artificial" shadows (something unrealistic when the sun shines from another direction), I decided to make the following changes:
-remove ALL shadows from textures
-remove ALL shadows from the SPEC file
-remove ALL shadows to the ALPHA layer (from the SPEC file)
-make 2 versions of passenger windows (old and new)
-make marks to determine where each piece is located (each piece of the model is closed by a gray square so you know how far to paint)
-added emergency doors and red markings on the fuselage
-new yellow wheel chocks

Why did I remove the shadows? As I said, if the sun points directly at the fuselage, that false shadow "drawn" under the wing was not "realistic" (in addition to other shadows), FSX has quite decent and dynamic projected shadows. ...so I decided to remove those "painted" shadows.

Based on this new paint kit I made:
seven "private" textures:
they are a "free interpretation" of real liveries (I searched on Google for images of the F-27 liveries...I chose a few and gave them a "twist") (actually I did more, but some along the way were discarded)
-no license plates, no logos or brands
-contains a custom patch on the cockpit
-custom propellers
-blacked out wheels

For comparison, the original "Old School" has major changes everywhere (color, tone, lines, shadows, windows, etc., etc.), the other texture (previously called "white with ribbons") was completely redone and changed color. (now called "Assen") (by the way, Assen and Leiden are names of cities in Holland) (you can see the names in the photos below)

THIS Sunday they will be uploaded online. greetings <<q <<s <<u
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:30 pm

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:33 pm

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:35 pm

All credit goes to Benoit Gaurant and his magnificent Fokker f-27 freeware. :clap: >(model, original painkit and original "AIR INTER" 1968 livery)
DELTA TANTO NINE TWO for new painkit, and repaints

By the way,... I removed the original patch from the cabin... that I had done 2 years ago... and completely improved it.
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase