See the world, they said 1B Afghanistan 2

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

See the world, they said 1B Afghanistan 2

Postby krigl » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:07 pm

Hi again, found time to post the second and final set from Afghanistan.

I'm going to risk posting the shots in a higher quality format according to the rules in the image upload screen rather than the rules in the sticky at the top of this page, as it seems to me that other people are doing the same. If I've stepped out of line, please feel free Mods to delete this post, and I'll put it up again with smaller images when I get back from my holiday.

This time we're travelling from the capital city of Kabul to Band-e-Amir National Park.

The city and the area around it are impressive.

Passing over the Qargha Dam – a reservoir and recreation spot near Kabul. Apparently people go golfing and have picnics there. Hard to imagine anything like normal life actually goes on in Afghanistan but seemingly it does. How much longer, I wonder. Poor people.

Those mountains look high! I think we'll head for that lower ridge to the left.

Managed to scrape together enough height to get over the ridge. We were in very mountainous terrain for most of the rest of the flight.

Brrr. Ended up at around 14000ft. The Bing coverage ran out, so that was the end of the photoreal delights.

The whole journey was a bit of a struggle really. It would have helped with taking screenshots and keeping on course if the co-pilot and the autopilot weren't so patchy - most of the time they just send me into the ground. Well, mustn't grumble, eh? A new FS from Microsoft after so many years. Let's hope they don't give up on it, and actually try to make key things like the autopilot and fuel consumption work better. I mean, they seemed to work okay in FSX.

Here we are at the national park - nice terrain, though was hoping it would be a little more spectacular. Curse you, O Bing! Well, never mind.

Off on holiday for a week. See you soon, I hope.

Krigl
krigl
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: See the world, they said 1B Afghanistan 2

Postby papituwall » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:54 am

Great! Thanks for sharing. The end of Bing coverage returns me to old times...
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Re: See the world, they said 1B Afghanistan 2

Postby krigl » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:58 pm

papituwall wrote:Great! Thanks for sharing. The end of Bing coverage returns me to old times...

Thanks for the replies in both sets! Yes, indeed it does. Hope it doesn't happen too often.
krigl
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase