Long time no post....

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

Long time no post....

Postby Mictheslik » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:04 pm

Evening everyone...I may have been tempted into some more virtual flying by the new sim, so thought I'd stop by the old forum. Glad to see it's still going!

Anyway, as a form of reintroduction, here are some screenshots from my refound love of simming...

.mic
Mictheslik
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Long time no post....

Postby Flacke » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:21 pm

Hi, welcome back. Now a question. What are your computer specs. such as CPU and Graphics Card? How does it run the Sim overall. Your photos looked good, are you using High, or Ultra settings?
I will be getting into FS2020 once all this computer parts shortage dies down and I will build a new 'Puter specifically for FS2020. I am so glad that you are enjoying yours and I am sure that I will too. Thanks for posting the pictures.
Oh, and by the way, do the aircraft fly realistically once they are set up and adjusted?
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Mictheslik » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:45 pm

Thanks!

I’m actually running it on a boot camp partition on a 2019 27 inch iMac with an i5-9600K, a Radeon Pro 580X and upgraded to 32Gb of RAM.

It’s running on Very High settings in 1080p at between 17-25fps (perfectly flyable <<u )

Flight dynamics depend on the aircraft....the GA stuff feels very good: I’m not really in to airliners (and haven’t flown them in real life!) so can’t comment. My biggest criticism (apart from the buggy download and update process) is the rudder sensitivity which I can’t seem to make realistic!

.mic
Mictheslik
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Flacke » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:25 am

Thank you Mictheslik for the great info. in your reply. Its just what I was looking for. Enjoy your new Sim and I hope to join you all when I get a new 'puter built for fs2020. Hopefully they will have it nicely de-bugged by the time I get there. I am just in the design stage so it may be a while.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:25 am

Very nice shots indeed !
Just for information, my brother gets more than 30 FPS stable in that new sim, using a computer similar to mine: i7 8700k (not overclocked) with a GTX 1070ti.
He is on quality setting high, if I'm not mistaken, with a few settings higher (like the clouds, for which he can increase the quality without much FPS impact).

I plan to get the new sim for Christmas to fly online with my brother. We are thinking about upgrading our video cards though, probably with a GTX 3070. The 1070ti is enough when playing on a screen, but we use VR headsets, and the 1070ti is probably not going to be sufficient for that... It's ok with P3Dv4 and XPlane, but we have to lower settings. In MSFS, I don't know how it's going to perform in VR. I'm not so optimistic for now.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Flacke » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:14 am

Thanks Daube for the added comments. Its nice that your Brother is also a flightsimmer.
I am in the design phase for my new FS2020 computer. Its taking a long time due to the large number of choices available to us these days. The good part is that while I am planning hardware choices MSoft is updating the Sim and improving it for us.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase