Lake Berryessa to Halfmoon bay

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

Lake Berryessa to Halfmoon bay

Postby Dave T » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:09 am

Anyone remember FUII and the gone fishing flight started at KHAF and ended at Lake Berryessa, well I did it the other way around in Ants Eaglet floater demo.
Lake Berryessa
Over Halfmoon Bay

https://www.antsairplanes.com/freeanddemos.html
<<q
Dave T
Major
Major

Re: Lake Berryessa to Halfmoon bay

Postby pete » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:47 pm

Yes Flight Unlimited 2 indeed!
Half Moon Bay. Alameda. Was a total adict :D
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dave T » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:08 pm

I liked the humour in FUII & FUIII, can't get either of them to run on this computer. FUII will not install and FUIII looks awful.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Dilvish » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:06 pm

Looks like you flew right over the house I grew up in, long ago.
Woodside, Hwy 84 runs through the center of town. We used La Honda Rd to get up-n-over to the coast. The main beach was San Gregorio, just south of Halfmoon Bay. Halfmoon bay was a great place to go grab a quick lunch, then back to the beach. Surfing, lobster fishing, and in those days the abalone were a lot bigger, more tasty, and more numerous. Before all the nasty humans grabbed all they could, illegally.
Had some fantastic beach parties after sunset. Pile up a bunch of pallets, let em burn down, cook the lobster and ab over the coals...YUMMY!
after all that, the couples would pair off, and fade into the dark away from the firelight.

Good times!
Pat☺
Dilvish
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dave T » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:36 pm

Sounds like you have fond memories of the area.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Dilvish » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:02 pm

I do. Very fond memories. Sadly, they couldn't pay me to live there now. It's still a beautiful area, mostly, at least it was 15 years ago when I stopped in on my way to my new home in Oregon.
It hadn't yet been overrun by homeless and criminals, as it is now.
One thing that saddened me, though, was that a lot of the old growth redwood trees I walked among when I was a kid, are gone. Chopped down so some rich person could build a mansion there. We're talking trees over 5 thousand years old. I spent the time, and counted the rings in a stump I found.
I also checked the property available for sale. 1/4 acre, bare dirt, no services, nothing. 1 MILLiON dollars. This was 15 years ago, now. Seriously???

I sincerely doubt I will ever go back, now. You really can't go home again, as the saying goes... :( :snooty:
Pat☺
Dilvish
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dilvish » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:02 pm

I do. Very fond memories. Sadly, they couldn't pay me to live there now. It's still a beautiful area, mostly, at least it was 15 years ago when I stopped in on my way to my new home in Oregon.
It hadn't yet been overrun by homeless and criminals, as it is now.
One thing that saddened me, though, was that a lot of the old growth redwood trees I walked among when I was a kid, are gone. Chopped down so some rich person could build a mansion there. We're talking trees over 5 thousand years old. I spent the time, and counted the rings in a stump I found.
I also checked the property available for sale. 1/4 acre, bare dirt, no services, nothing. 1 MILLiON dollars. This was 15 years ago, now. Seriously???

I sincerely doubt I will ever go back, now. You really can't go home again, as the saying goes... :( :snooty:
Pat☺
Dilvish
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby napamule » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:48 am

Ahhh. Half Moon Bay. I have F18 flight for carrier ops that starts there. Never actually been there. The problem is it's too close to San Francisco. And perhaps San Jose (ie: Silicon Valley). Too bad it deteriorated due to un-desireables hanging out. You can't do anything on Calfornia beaches that you could do 15 yrs ago. No digging for clams, etc, or setting fires unless it's in a fire pit (ring). I quit going to CA beaches around 10 yrs ago. Too dangerous. Not fit for humans. But they let people ride their horses on them! The whole world is that way, or so it seems, so it's not just California Coasts.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Dilvish » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:21 pm

No digging for clams, etc, or setting fires unless it's in a fire pit (ring).

Which is rediculous. The sand is going to catch fire?? Of course, as polluted as it is now, I guess it's possible... :roll:
Pat☺
Dilvish
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase