ALCA ... Advanced Light Combat Aircraft

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

ALCA ... Advanced Light Combat Aircraft

Postby akoyeh » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:39 pm

A heads up for you all of a recent upload on the top page in FS2004 files here @ Simviation: Aero Vodochody L-159B https://simviation.com/1/browse-FS2004-31-0 Right on time, as I've been missing my Lotus L-39 Albatros. She flies nice, looks great with the newer skins included over the originals from over a decade ago. Thank you, Vit Storch, you did alright with this beauty.

"The L-159B is a light subsonic attack jet and advanced trainer, developed in the single-seat L-159A and two-seat L-159B versions respectively, manufactured by Aero Vodochody in the Czech Republic. Features Gmax model with 4 LODs; animated gear, wheels, struts, flaps, control surfaces, canopy, trim; animated and clickable virtual cockpit; 22 custom made gauges; lightmap and damage textures; landing, nav, formation, beacon, taxi and cockpit lights; custom dynamics and more. By Vit Storch."

Took her up for a quick shake-down flight, KAIA to KBFF in the Nebraska panhandle.

The weather here today is a mashup of bright sky with moody clouds, nice for screenshots.

She's a looker. :-) Am especially pleased that she flies so much like the L-39 after spending hundreds of happy hours flying her.

Flying past a famous landmark out my way: Chimney Rock along the Oregon Trail, called "The Holy Road" by the Lakota Sioux back in the day for reason that no native was to harass any emigrants traveling along the trail... and, as we all know, it ended quite poorly after "The Mormon Cow" incident in 1854. It all went rapidly downhill from there. Fascinating as well as heartbreaking history.

Just as with the L-39, the engine takes some time to spool back up. Got a wee bit behind the power curve though got us down in one piece, shot captured inches from wheels down (yeah, I edited out the red and white "Replay" in the lower left of the image, Sioux me). Give her a try, s'il vous plaît. She even comes with a decent soundset. A lot of fun!

Cleverness is mere opinion, bewilderment is intuition.

akoyeh
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: ALCA ... Advanced Light Combat Aircraft

Postby akoyeh » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:16 pm

As is, she puts out a boatload of tire smoke on touchdown. Suggest: Going to the L-159b aircraft folder/aircraft.cfg file then scrolling down about 2/3rds of the way. Under [EFFECTS] change the entry "touchdown=fx_tchdwn, 1" into "touchdown=fx_tchdwn_s, 1". Much better, in my opinion.

Tried some mild crosswind landings today, taking variable winds from the port side. Made for a greater challenge.

The HU display is rather challenging to read on my system (am running 1080p) though there's a lot more right with her than wrong. The suspension animations on touchdown are really nice, the flight dynamics are good, the slow-spooling engine quite realistic like the real bird, more. The VC is not close to the Lotus L-39 for FSX though it suffices. The view from the cockpits seem on the low side though the views can be adjusted with a wee hat switch push upwards in the VC. Is working for me. There's been almost 100 downloads of this fun little plane in the past 24 hours. Have fun!

Cleverness is mere opinion, bewilderment is intuition.

akoyeh
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase