Chasing a Sunset

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

Chasing a Sunset

Postby akoyeh » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:21 am

Climbing out of Denver and heading west to Salt Lake City near Sundown.

Finished designing another set of sky textures this afternoon. Flying @ 300 KIAS towards a Sunset makes for a nice long one.

Low angled light is wonderful for the scenery. Flying a good plane makes it even better...

...and the AFG Caravelle is certainly a fine-flying aircraft. No VC but she's still a joy to fly.

Nearing SLC, the textures transitioning nicely from preSunset through postSunset.

All good flights deserve a good landing. Glad you came along for the ride. Thank you for flying FS2004.

Cleverness is mere opinion, bewilderment is intuition.

akoyeh
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Chasing a Sunset

Postby Shadowcaster » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:19 pm

Superb work, really like 2 and 3. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Roypcox » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:12 am

Nice work thanks for showing your talent! Roy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby akoyeh » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:17 am

Shadowcaster wrote:Superb work, really like 2 and 3.

Thank you, Rich. Had pulled 50 miles visibilty up over my head while cruising @ the transitional altitude of FL180. Made for some soft, serene screenshots as Sun was low.

Roypcox wrote:Nice work thanks for showing your talent! Roy

Appreciated, Roy. Showing my work before sharing my work.

Intermittently since 2010, I've been designing and flying my own sky textures, first in FEX for FSX and now in FS2004. The novelty of so many over-saturated sky textures soon wore off, especially with the Sunrises and Sunsets. Finally decided to use my skills as a visual artist and do something to change this. A full set of 10 different mellow skies are presently being put together here, working on finishing the 6th set today. The goal is to have skies that will grow on you instead of growing old to you. Within the next few weeks the complete package should be ready for uploading here. Simmers will have the option of installing all 10 of the sky texture sets together for automatic daily sky changing -or- installing one single sky set that will uniformly display across all 10 days, your call. Additional special application skies will also become available as separate download packages. Screenshots will be included in each package to give hints of each of the sky sets along with installation instructions. All will be Freeware, gifts for any simmer wanting to give them a go.

Flying with more realistic sky textures really helps in the immersion factor. It's kind of like holding a great guitar... it will inspire you to want to play better. :-)

akoyeh
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Shadowcaster » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:25 am

akoyeh wrote:It's kind of like holding a great guitar... it will inspire you to want to play better. :-)

Yep every time I pick up my Strat it inspires me, unfortunately the talent always lets me down. :lol: :lol:

Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Anthindelahunt » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:47 pm

Well done.Beautiful shots

Anthin. :clap:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby akoyeh » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:07 am

Shadowcaster wrote: Yep every time I pick up my Strat it inspires me, unfortunately the talent always lets me down. :lol: :lol:

A Strat Cat, eh? :-) Was always an acoustic man. Sold my Taylor back in the 90s and haven't had another good guitar since. Kind of miss her at times.
Have always been amazed at the number of flight simmers who are also talented musicians. These two go together it seems.

Anthindelahunt wrote:Well done.Beautiful shots

Thank you Anthin, good to see you here. Heard about Pam, she has my prayers this day.

akoyeh
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Anthindelahunt » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:24 am

Akoyeh.
Good to see you here as well.

Anthin.
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase