I've Gone With X-Plane 11

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

I've Gone With X-Plane 11

Postby BE58D » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:09 pm

Two mile final into KMRY (Monterey Regional Airport - California)

Short final

Taxiing to parking
BE58D
Major
Major

Re: I've Gone With X-Plane 11

Postby clarenceover » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:03 am

So did I..............for a while.........

Looking at those humped runways makes me miss X-plane. I have spent months debating which to go with. I'd stuck with X-Plane 10 for a few years, ruined my No1 DVD so could no longer load it. Found the X-Plane 11 Demo ran quite well on my medium spec PC, then spent an even longer time pondering on the full X-Plane 11 purchase, or to go with P3D. I've gone with P3D............
I miss the undulating runways, there's probably a way to get these in P3D. My main issue with X-Plane is the lack of really good freeware aircraft that are available with P3D. (I feel I'm being ungrateful because there are a significant number of good freeware aircraft for X-Plane, but nothing like the variety with P3D/FSX). I'm not sure I made the right choice even now. P3D does at times look like FSX, or even FSW which I purchased, and don't bother with now. Is it 'lipstick-on-a-pig' an expression I've seen used many times on this forum, perhaps it is? But when I'm in the TWA 727 or the United /Continental Dc-10 with their glorious 3d cockpits, I try to convince myself I made the right choice.

A while ago a DreamLifter 747 flew over, making quite a noise climbing over south-east England. I'm off now to try to find one that will fly in P3D, I very much doubt there's one for X-Plane...........and no, I could not 'knock one up' in Planemaker before you ask!
clarenceover
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dave T » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:22 am

I had xplane version from v5.66 to v10 but I still prefer fsx. A dreamlifter 747 is available on here for FSX I don't know if it will work in P3d https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... ategoryId=
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby BE58D » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:59 am

That is one pitfall of X-Plane, lack of aircraft and utilities like those that are available for FSX but I think if more converted to X-Plane there would be more aircraft.
BE58D
Major
Major

Postby cevans » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:57 am

A while ago a DreamLifter 747 flew over, making quite a noise climbing over south-east England. I'm off now to try to find one that will fly in P3D,

That reminded me that I was updating the file I posted in 2012. New configs, panel elements, vc textures, sounds etc so it now is fully compatible with P3Dv4 and FSX.
After a previous upload involving that internal 747 vc and varying VC views for some users, it will be good to see if this aircraft works ok in other systems. Link as Dave stated above.
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby papituwall » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:57 pm

Nice pictures, the most surprising of X-plane is that having airports following terrain contours, the motorways don't do that so they are flattened over long unreal bridges...
After some years fighting against X-plane 10 (and 11) user interface and in spite of having spent many hours (even converted aircraft from XP-8 to XP-10) finally I have decided that P3D V4 is better for me.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby BE58D » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:45 pm

papituwall wrote:Nice pictures, the most surprising of X-plane is that having airports following terrain contours, the motorways don't do that so they are flattened over long unreal bridges...
After some years fighting against X-plane 10 (and 11) user interface and in spite of having spent many hours (even converted aircraft from XP-8 to XP-10) finally I have decided that P3D V4 is better for me.

Thank you, I thought about P3D and it seems too much like FSX to warrant to the price, I know there is the student version but the label in the game stating it's the student version would annoy the crap outta me so I'd have to buy the pro version and $200 is pretty steep.
BE58D
Major
Major

Postby pete » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:50 pm

Thank you, I thought about P3D and it seems too much like FSX to warrant to the price, I know there is the student version but the label in the game stating it's the student version would annoy the crap outta me so I'd have to buy the pro version and $200 is pretty steep

I would say P3Dv4 is quite highly advanced over FSX.

Regaring the 'Academic' logo - It just has a vague 'academic licence' in light grey in top right corner. You don't notice it. Big thing about Prepar3D is that it has a multi billion $ company behind it, undoubtably with an eye on future potential.
But you don't upgrade to the next version ..... you buy it again. But I really don't mind as it's the best out there imho.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase