favorites

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

favorites

Postby yancovitch » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:38 pm

nothing special...just appreciating......i just discovered that to see enlarged shot, one has to be in full screen mode...or am i wrong?
Image,Image
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Re: favorites

Postby Roypcox » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:37 am

The bottom photo looks like an AC-47. There it looks pretty innocent but at the target site it is unbelievable what this aircraft can do. It has saved many of our troops in the fire fights in Nam. It was an honor to fly this old ship or one like it but I am sad that we had to use it. A young teenager once asked a soldier "What did you do in the war" his answer "I Killed people" I hope we never have to use weapons like this again but that doesn't seem to be realistic at this point in time. Thanks for posting this beautiful pic of a time honored aircraft!!!!roy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby yancovitch » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:35 pm

thanks for that wonderful response....
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:35 pm

WOW! :o

You're doing GREAT! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I've been pretty busy lately (and am likely to stay busy doing other things), but maybe I'll try to get some flight time in this weekend.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Roypcox » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:51 pm

One thing I failed to cover about the AC--47 It had the ability to fire 6000 rounds per minute and with all guns firing at once that would be 18,000 rounds a minute. You had to almost stand on the left rudder to keep it on target. Ammo weight was a problem we took off many times over weight but that old aircraft could handle it. The old story goes that the only replacement for a C-47 was another C-47. Donald Douglas was an absolute genius in the design of this plane. After world war II the airlines couldn' wait to get there hand's on them. The govt was almost giving them away. I had heard that some wen't for as little as a few thousand dollars. I was so honored to fly this old bird, it brings to me old eyes!!!roy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Jean Loup » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:22 pm

yancovitch wrote:nothing special...just appreciating......i just discovered that to see enlarged shot, one has to be in full screen mode...or am i wrong?

In this rotary motor, the crankshaft is fixed to the firewall & the prop is fixed to the block, cilinders turning at the propeller speed. You could not get a picture with still cilinders & blurred propeller mixed together.
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby yancovitch » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:57 pm

yer absolutely right..... :D
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby yancovitch » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:10 pm

just checked it out....the cylinders are moving with the prop...for some reason, when the shot is taken, the motor blur doesn't show ...hmmmmm....
yancovitch
Major
Major

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase