You have too ....

Showcasing specific payware addon products. This forum is where the aim of the shot is payware products. Please upload images to Simviation before posting

You have too ....

Postby Flying Trucker » Fri May 26, 2017 6:16 pm

Goodly evening all.... <<q

You have to love sitting at a Desk Top, having a wife who will rock your chair backwards, forwards and sideways, also she makes different engine sounds and is my stewardess.
Gets me a Glass of Scotch with just the right Dribble of Water when Ordered...I am the Captain you see...I am in the chair... :roll:

If you believe all that I got an island to sell you just across a Channel from France... :o

Microsoft Windows 10 Professional and Microsoft FSX Deluxe with Acceleration
FSWC...Flight Sim Water Configurator set to Steve's Favorite Setting
Orbx Scenery: Pacific Northwest and Pacific Fjords
REX Plus Overdrive
Aerosoft DHC-2 Beaver X

3:17 Hour Flight Plan using Plan-G v3.1.4
Departure: Friday Harbor...Washington State...United States
Destination: Hartley Bay SPB...British Columbia...Canada

The Aerosoft Beaver did not come with a Navigation Switch to go from GPS to NAV or NAV to GPS
I could use the Autopilot and the Heading Bug to fly a simulated course, however what turbulence and nasty weather was programmed in through REX could make the simulated flight quite challenging.

I installed a GPS/NAV Switch into the Default FSX Beaver and thanks to one of our members here at Simviation this works great.
It only shows up in the Main Panel...not the IFR Panel or Virtual Cockpit.

The following will describe how I am working things out with a simulate flight:

Aerosoft DHC-2 Beaver at Friday Harbor

Flying the GPS Track from Friday Harbor using the Heading Bug and Autopilot...the Autopilot controls the Altitude taking away some of the workload

Once on the GPS Track Heading I will switch Aircraft...Going to the Microsoft Default DHC-2 Beaver
Once in the Main Panel I will Switch the NAV/GPS Switch to GPS mode and turn the NAV on the Autopilot ON
Switching back to the Aerosoft Beaver I will turn the NAV on that Autopilot ON and the simulated Aerosoft Aircraft should Navigate using the GPS...Well it has so far...

Have not switched the Autopilot to NAV Mode yet...using the Heading Bug just getting closer to being on the GPS Track.

Sounds a bit like too much effort but it works and is not all that complicated...

Guess you just have to have a GREAT OLD GIRL and a Good Bottle of Scotch... :lol:

Comments and Advice most welcome... ;)
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Re: You have too ....

Postby yancovitch » Fri May 26, 2017 10:00 pm

pretty as a picture...........there's one up here in burns lake bc....maybe i'll get the bucks together to take a flight..........
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby Anthindelahunt » Fri May 26, 2017 11:19 pm

Beautiful shots Doug.The Beaver is still a
Masterpiece.

Anthin. :flags-canada:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Flying Trucker » Sat May 27, 2017 6:23 am

Good morning all...

Thanks for the comments...much appreciated.... ;)
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Payware Screenshot Showcase