freware iris Pilatus pc-9 and T-6A texan II VC improvement

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

freware iris Pilatus pc-9 and T-6A texan II VC improvement

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:25 pm

good night all...
As I said in a thread here at simviation... I had to abandon fsx and the whole world of flight simulation for years (since 2017) and today everything seems new to me... to the point of not knowing many things (planes, tweaks, frewares addons ...etc)
(I'll be asking about these things in other threads)

about the title..."everyone" already has the payware model T-6B/C texan II from IRIS and their improved model of the Pilatus PC-9...(those have big screens in the cockpit)
....so the freeware models T-6A and pc-9 have been abandoned (I hardly find textures for these models)

maybe he's not using the right words... but in the textures you can see the very little "love" that IRIS had for these models... the pc-9 looks a little better or more modern in its creation, it has things that the texan does not have (the texan notes it is old in design... iris design I mean)

to exemplify: the pc-9 has ALL the VC textures in a dedicated folder (good). the texan has 2 textures (critical) of the vc in the texture folder of a specific model (in each one a texture of each texan plane... there is the texture of a part of the vc....so if you want all the texan have the same vc texture mods...you should mod ALL the textures of each plane !!!!!!!!!!!)
they are beautiful planes, with little love in creating them.

enough of talk...what is what I wanted to do? what i wanted to do is make both pc-9a and texan II models look like a fighter plane (gray cockpit...black screen borders, gray background,...everything else is the same)
I also did two repaints (my own) (I'm very bad at this)...so I only modified 2 original textures of both models. these are:

(remember... they are "private" models, they do not belong to any force, rather they are from a civilian owner, red helmets, without flags on the shoulders of the pilots)

-pc-9 bae sistems "persy" (no load) ...but NOW it's PC-9A without logos or flags (now it's just blue and red "private")

pc-9 with RAF colors (no load on the wings) ... NOW it is "private blue-red-white" without logos or flags ... black dome, black vertical drift, black cockpit (including 2d panel), red pilots helmets etc

T-6A texan II sp2 the beechcraft model (the so-called "beech mkII" demo model) ... NOW it is a private blue-white-red model, black drift, without "beechcraft" logos, black cockpit, red hulls, gray cockpit, black screens, ...etc)

T-6A texan II sp2 canada air force model... NOW without flags or logos... private BLUE, black cockpit... helmets... etc...

here the photos of PC-9A (2d, vc y textures

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: freware iris Pilatus pc-9 and T-6A texan II VC improveme

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:30 pm

here the T-6A TEXAN II (vc, and textures)

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:37 pm

here the t-6a texan II blue-white and red stripes...drift, cockpit, black fairing,
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:16 pm

For the rest, the planes are the same... (I simply put a complete radio on them as a panel (the default cessna radio is the most complete along with that of the "baron"... and the default gps)
at night they are still gray... but the darkness does not bother anything... since they are other textures (which I did not modify)

As a small important detail... if the textures are too black... the knobs of some controls will become transparent... that's why I was very careful with the knobs (they are in color... very dark... but in color)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:22 pm

HOW TO MODIFY:

the list of pc-9 textures that can turn gray are:

panel.1 folder (and panel.combat) :
nav_com_main.bmp
PC9_main.bmp

texture folder:
pc9_cockpit1_t.dds
t6_vc1_off.dds
t6_vc1_t.dds
t6_vc3_t.dds

with ONLY modifying these textures... the pc-9 is dark gray (you don't need more) 8-)
..remember that it should be gray...but the red buttons, yellow lights... and colored warnings you find should keep the original color.

for the texan II:

inside the panel folder (and panel.mp too) and inside the FSX_T6_Gauges folder:

(30 bmp files)

alt_mfd_off (the knob must be gray or the original color...or there will be transparency failures of the knob)
ANN_Background
Clock_Background
EADI_off
EHSI_Controls
EHSI_Controls_lit
EHSI_off
ELT
engine_system_background
GEAR_Background
GEAR_Background_Lit
GMETER_Background
GPS_Background (inside must be original green)
GPS_Background_Lit (same)
large_mfd_master
large_mfd_master_lit
NACWS_Button_Background
nws_off (the inside of this button must be the original color or there will be failures)
RADIO_Background (inside must be original green)
RADIO_Background_Lit (same)
radio_panel
small_mfd_off
speed_brake_off (the inside of this button must be the original color or there will be failures)
STBY_Airspeed_Background
STBY_Altitude_Background(the knob must be gray or the original color...or there will be transparency failures of the knob)
STBY_Att_Background(the knob must be gray or the original color...or there will be transparency failures of the knob)
STBY_ROT_Background
STBY_ROT_Luminous_Face
UHF_Background(the knob must be gray or the original color...or there will be transparency failures of the knob)
UHF_Light (same)

texture.vc folder
cockpit_int_t.dds
cockpit_vc_t.dds
t6_vc1_t.dds
t6_vc3_t.dds

textures folder of a specific model:
t6_1_t.dds (more explanation in the photo) :x

HERE THE HELP PHOTO (it took me time to discover this part of the texture to modify because it was not in the vc folder)
The upper panel of the vc and the sides of the vc screens are the textures that are in each texan model that you must modify.

..remember that it should be gray...but the red buttons, yellow lights... and colored warnings you find should keep the original color.
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:29 pm

In case you did not know...
the texan ii freeware...in many photos you can see the pilots without their oxygen masks...by activating the obogs button their masks appear. (green button in the cockpit)
the opposite happens to pc-9... you can't remove the masks...
also in the pc-9 you can make pilots appear or disappear from the iris panel
but in the texan only the pilots can appear or disappear from the load and fuel menu (you remove the full load of one pilot... and it disappears)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:53 pm

to compare:
original vs modified textures (pc-9 and texan)
and a photo of the totally off texan without pilots

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:51 pm

I found in google docs a brochure of the BEECH MK2 (during the -now old- JPATS program....before it was called T-6A TEXAN II) it has that 90s style
unfortunately those photos are not available anywhere... (someone posted it on ebay)
the booklet is called "THE JPATS BEECH MKII: FLYING WITH CONFIDENCE"
(Somebody tell me who Confidence is and why it's called that)

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:01 pm

with the texan ii, this happens to me...

I know there is the IRIS t-6b model (the payware model that brings LCD screens, HUD, and new technology)...

but the T-6A (version A freware)...which brings the cockpit with small screens, and "90's" gauges...looks like a trainer closer to a primary flight school....not a an advanced training school (combat, with huds, and big screens)... that's why I like the T-6A better

just do the modifications that I mentioned above (in textures and files) and you will remove that ugly light blue color from your VC... and it will look more modern

greetings and good flight!

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase