Mount Baker and the Twin Sisters

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

Mount Baker and the Twin Sisters

Postby CHUCK79 » Mon May 23, 2022 6:30 pm

MSFS2020 and Carenado 170

Sitting in the grass at Kendall Airstrip (WN08) in Maple Falls, WA

Headed up the Nooksack River valley to get some elevation.

There they are in the distance.

Another rainbow?

A closer look.

Off to Glacier peak!
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mount Baker and the Twin Sisters

Postby CHUCK79 » Mon May 23, 2022 10:37 pm

Twin Sisters is off the right wing in last shot. I didn't notice my mistake and i can't edit.
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Daube » Tue May 24, 2022 3:11 am

Great exploration shots once again :)
From my side, I think one of the very first flight I did after I got MSFS installed was from Hanel Field down to Oakridge State, passing next to Mt.Hood and going south to... three sisters I think ? Just before turning West to Oakridge...
Did that flight a lot when I got OrbX PNW on FSX, which made the area look much better than default. In MSFS, it looks even better of course. I might try it again, but with the freeware C170 instead (I haven't bought the Carenado planes yet).
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby CHUCK79 » Tue May 24, 2022 1:47 pm

Daube wrote:Great exploration shots once again :)
From my side, I think one of the very first flight I did after I got MSFS installed was from Hanel Field down to Oakridge State, passing next to Mt.Hood and going south to... three sisters I think ? Just before turning West to Oakridge...
Did that flight a lot when I got OrbX PNW on FSX, which made the area look much better than default. In MSFS, it looks even better of course. I might try it again, but with the freeware C170 instead (I haven't bought the Carenado planes yet).

Thanks! I'm really enjoying exploring. Every little airstrip and town looks like high quality FSX payware. It's amazing!
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Daube » Wed May 25, 2022 3:11 am

I had exactly the same feeling. All small airstrips *almost* look like payware OrbX airports.
This is mostly due to the nice photoreal surroundings, as well as the vegetation/grass, coupled with the nicer-looking 3D objects (buildings and such) all around.
Of course, these airports/airstrips in their default state are still far from being accurate, but still it's very pleasing to discover them all over again, especially those that we were our favorites / most well-known in the previous sims.

39P Strom is one of these. Back in FS9 and FSX I used that airstrip each time I wanted to fly around the Mt. St-Helens or even Mt.Rainier.
With the OrbX PNW landclass for FSX (then P3D) it became a bit more enjoyable.
With the OrbX True Earth Washington in XPlane 11 it became quite close to what we're getting now for free in MSFS :)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:28 am

Again...well done Chuck... :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase