EGKA to EGNB

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

EGKA to EGNB

Postby Dave T » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:07 am

Couldn't you find anything smaller?
Nothing to see here
Brough is down there somewhere
<<q
Dave T
Major
Major

Re: EGKA to EGNB

Postby yancovitch » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:41 pm

interesting perspective showing how big this plane was.........can't figure out how those spindly landing gear could handle so much weight loaded....haha...wonder if and how much the wheels rotated when in the air :)
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby Hagar » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:58 pm

This brings back some memories. You might know that a Beverley visited Shoreham Airport (EGKA) for the air show on 30th May 1959. It was s/n XB289 from 53 Squadron. Here is the only photo I can find of it at the show. https://www.google.com/search?q=blackburn+beverley+shoreham&client=opera&hs=SDE&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjjtae41ePpAhWCqHEKHW4yDYoQ_AUoAXoECAwQAw&biw=1326&bih=665#imgrc=MMNBLoBd6dIZYM

This was long before there was a hard runway at Shoreham but I believe that it is still the largest aircraft ever to have landed there which says a lot for its short field performance. As an ATC cadet in uniform I was given a tour of it & promised a flight during the show. I was actually aboard as it reversed out of its parking spot. Unfortunately it was heavily overloaded which meant that a lot of us had to get off. We missed some of the show while sitting aboard it. :(

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Dave T » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:10 pm

Thanks, unless you have seen it in the flesh you just don't get how big this aircraft actually is.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Dave T » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:25 am

Some more information about the Beverley.
https://www.rafseletar.co.uk/flying-squ ... -beverley/
Dave T
Major
Major

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase