Milky Way

Your Aviation (or Personal) Photos and discussion on Cameras & photography.

Milky Way

Postby expat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:18 am

It has been quite a while since I posted here. These shots were taken a few weeks back during a holiday on Ile d'Oleron, France. Being an island the light pollution was very low. I managed to convince my boys to come out at 1 am and stand still, very still. The shots are 30 second exposures. After the first 10 seconds, I painted my boys in light from a torch or about 2 seconds......And believe it or not, these shots were taken with my mobile phone, a Huawie P30 pro.

Matt

Last edited by expat on Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Milky Way

Postby expat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:23 am

Things have changed a bit..

Why are my pictures with labels about how many times they have been viewed, do I see that or everyone??
And why must I scroll the pictures to view them?

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hagar » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:54 am

Nothing has changed. You've attached the images instead of including them in the body of the post. Use the Upload Images button at the top of the page.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby expat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:12 am

Hagar wrote:Nothing has changed. You've attached the images instead of including them in the body of the post. Use the Upload Images button at the top of the page.

Thanks Hagar, I use the file attachment....... :doh:

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hagar » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:38 am

That's better Matt. Nice pics btw 8-)

Good to see you posting again.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:58 pm

Impressive! Do you have larger versions?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby expat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:56 pm

pete wrote:Impressive! Do you have larger versions?

I do Pete, they are hanging on the wall at home already. :D

Matt

expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby papituwall » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:25 pm

Great pictures, many thaks for sharing!
Interesting view of Jupiter and Saturn surrounded by many stars.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby expat » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:59 am

papituwall wrote:Great pictures, many thaks for sharing!
Interesting view of Jupiter and Saturn surrounded by many stars.

Yes, I thought Jupiter would bloom in the shot it was so bright and then diminish the effect of the Milky Way.

Matt

expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby eno » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:38 pm

Lovely shots ..... just one slight critique ... a shorter torch flash would have given a less washed out look on your boys skin and allowed the eye to take in the whole scene as one.
eno
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Photos & Cameras