New Bike

Your Aviation (or Personal) Photos and discussion on Cameras & photography.

New Bike

Postby john.r » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:52 pm

Hello,

Although I bought this last Saturday, I didn't pick it up until Wednesday morning due to the snow, its a 2002 Suzuki VL125lc Intruder which was a Cat D insurance bike for a few scratches on the mudguard/scratch on the exhaust.

Thanks for Looking!
PC Spec's: Deep Cool Tesseract case, Asrock B450-pro4 motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 2600x, 32GB DDR4 3000mhz, Gigabyte RTX 2060 v2 OC 6GB, 2x2TB Seagate, 1x 3TB Seagate drives
john.r
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: New Bike

Postby Anthindelahunt » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Great looking bike. Looks like
a great ride. :mrgreen:

Anthin. :shifty:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Flying Trucker » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:13 pm

Nice...very nice... <<q
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:20 pm

Well done John....

...a Proper Vee-Twin!.... :dance: ....!

She's a pretty-looking Lady!....Got a name for her?

I've been following the model on Youtube. They sound very nice!...(Keep the tick over adjusted very slowly...and imagine it's a 1958 Harley Panhead!!)

I tell you what would be perfect, John is the 250cc vee-twin version of the Suzuki Intruder...very popular over in Australia... (but none over here, unfortunately).

We both need some nice weather to get out and about now!

Take care, John, and enjoy the rides!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhhOKNRNRiY&t=268s

Paul.... :mrgreen: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flacke » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:53 pm

When I read "Bike" I almost ignored it. But then I thought, maybe he means Motorcycle!
I bought my first Suzuki in 1977 and I have really liked them ever since. Suzuki's always seem to have just the right "look" to them and they are very well-made. The handling is really excellent as well. I would gladly buy another and I do like the Intruder line. So glad that you got yours for a great price. Enjoy the wind in your face and the sound of the engine, Bliss.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:48 am

Flacke wrote:When I read "Bike" I almost ignored it. But then I thought, maybe he means Motorcycle!
I bought my first Suzuki in 1977 and I have really liked them ever since. Suzuki's always seem to have just the right "look" to them and they are very well-made. The handling is really excellent as well. I would gladly buy another and I do like the Intruder line. So glad that you got yours for a great price. Enjoy the wind in your face and the sound of the engine, Bliss.

..... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

Confusing:... Bike/Motorcycle...:? ...!

Our American Chums call them Motorcycles; (Motorised Cycle). The posh name!.... ;) ...!

We Brits call them Bikes...to be confused with Bicycles (Push Bikes/Pedal Bikes).

Either way, they are awesome wonderful 2-wheeled machines!... :dance: ...!

I have been enjoying them since 1950, at the age of sixteen when I passed my Motorcycle test and obtained my Motorcycle Licence......!

Since then I have owned a variety of machines, both British and Japanese, solo and sidecar, and at present, I own two Honda Machines and two Japanese Machines.... 8-) ....!

They are great fun, and a way to enjoy all the surrounding scenery in the open air.....and also to navigate around the endless traffic jams!... :clap: ....!

We Northern Hemisphere types are now waiting for Winter to end, and Spring and Summer to arrive, to fully enjoy our favourite pastime!.... :geek: ....!

Paul..... :D ....!

My escapades!...>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... 9JA/videos
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:04 am

I call mine a scooter. :lol:

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:47 am

Tug002 wrote:I call mine a scooter. :lol:

Keep smiling
Tug :)

I call mine; "Daisy".

She is always nice to me, and never argues, or talks back to me.

Never wants new shoes or handbags, and never wants new curtains, carpets, or furniture.

My perfect companion!.... :D ...!

Our Shopping Trip, yesterday...>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6IHfJiun94

Paul.... ;) ... ;) ....!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hawkeye07 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:14 pm

Sweet!!!! I hope you have many great road adventures together. :clap:

By the way Paul here's another confusing label for you... As you said "Our American Chums call them Motorcycles" but the people who ride them are usually referred to as "Bikers"
I believe that term originated with the motorcycle gangs like the "Hell's Angels" and the "Road Vultures" way back when.

Now most "Bad Bikers in my area are like the 50 something year old potbellied neighbor across the street who puts on his leather Harley Davidson jacket, reflective sun glasses and
his bandanna (with a crew cut hair style?) jumps on his over priced Harley and takes a twenty minute ride every Sunday afternoon, weather permitting that is. :lol:

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Flacke » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:38 am

Hello Fozzer, I am so pleased that you have been enjoying your Motorcycling life since 1950. You have really enhanced your Summers with them and you have built up many sights and experiences to remember on cold Winter nights.
Your beloved Cessna 152 Aerobat aircraft seems to give similar joys in your flight-sim travels. Keep it up, you have a great lifestyle.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:10 am

Hawkeye07 wrote:Sweet!!!! I hope you have many great road adventures together. :clap:

By the way Paul here's another confusing label for you... As you said "Our American Chums call them Motorcycles" but the people who ride them are usually referred to as "Bikers"
I believe that term originated with the motorcycle gangs like the "Hell's Angels" and the "Road Vultures" way back when.

Now most "Bad Bikers in my area are like the 50 something year old potbellied neighbor across the street who puts on his leather Harley Davidson jacket, reflective sun glasses and
his bandanna (with a crew cut hair style?) jumps on his over priced Harley and takes a twenty minute ride every Sunday afternoon, weather permitting that is. :lol:

@Hawk.... :D ...!

"Hells Angels".... 8-) ...!

Over here we were called: "Ton-Up Boys" with our Triumph's, BSA's, Vellocette's, Ariels, AJS's, Matchless's Royal Enfield's, etc, etc, racing from Café to Café, and Jukebox to Jukebox at speeds approaching 100 MPG (Ton-Up!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J_OVRn03r8

Amongst my contribution in the 1950's and 1960's Ton-Up era, were my 350cc Royal Enfield, 650cc BSA Super Rocket twin, 500cc AJS twin, and my 1,000cc Vincent HRD Rapide vee-twin!

We also had two groups of riders: "Mods" and "Rockers" when we fought together on the beaches, every weekend.... :dance: ...!

The "Mods" were; "Scooterists" (Folks who rode Scooters).... :ugeek: ...!

We were; "Rockers" with Very Fast Motorcycles, and were to be feared by all sundry!... :twisted: ....!

Happy Days!..... :lol: ....!

Paul...a bit slower now...with a Cruiser Motorcycle.... ;) ... ;) ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Sprocket » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:44 am

Well done with your purchase. :clap: :clap: Very good buy in my opinion. Had a number of bikes in my time, all of them OK, but none really good with the missus on the back for Sunday breakfast runs.
Then we bought the Intruder in 1996, and never looked back. Plenty torque and no more "panic" moments! :pray:

I am with Flacke on this one...
Flacke wrote:When I read "Bike" I almost ignored it. But then I thought, maybe he means Motorcycle!

Jan
Sprocket
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:15 pm

Being a "Honda" sort of bloke, having owned a few of their models over the years, the alternative bike for me would have been one of the "Shadow" models, but nowadays would be far too heavy and unmanageable for me, (at 5' 7", and 250 Lbs now), struggling to get in and out of my location, so my present 1996 Honda CMX250C Rebel suits me quite nicely...and is dead reliable, as all Honda's are... :D ....!

It's a shame that the Japs didn't bring out a true, narrow-angle, 45 degrees, knife and fork con rods, air-cooled, single carburettor, vee-twin, to match the Harley-Davidson range of bikes!...NOTHING can match THAT sound!.... :dance: ....!

I'm quite proud of the fact that Mr. Honda based the appearance of my 1985/1996 Honda Rebel on the classic looks of the lovely 1982 Harley-Davidson FXWG Shovelhead, Wide Glide

... it's just that the two engines are not quite the same.... :roll: ...

.....mine is a vertical, 234cc, 360-degree-firing-order, wasted spark, single carburettor, air-cooled, parallel Twin....

...with its brain-shattering 18 Brake-Horse-Power...and a nice little bit of Torque thrown-in as well... :lol: ....!

@John....

..it would be interesting to know what you think of the new 2017 Honda Rebel Bobbers...300cc single, and 500cc twin models?

I would go for the 500cc Twin version....I reckon they are going to be really popular with the new breed of riders!

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/rang ... .html.html

Note that the new 2017 Honda CMX500 motor turns out 45 BHP, compared to my 1995 Honda CB500RR motor which is a full 58 BHP... a real little screamer!!

There you go, Chums...

...more exciting 2-wheeled stuff!

Sopwith Camels on 2 Wheels....(in-line)....!... :lol: ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:57 pm

...mind you....

...a nice '57 Panhead wouldn't go amiss!.... ;) ....>>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlpZ3Nt_Jc0

Paul.....Nostalgia.... :mrgreen: ....!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Rifleman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:32 pm

Well that's the way to get around.......all you need is to keep the snow off the streets and all will be fine.........I think I have a few months to wait until we can get back aboard two wheels too.........Here is how Wendy and I roll..........this first image was Osoyoos a couple of years ago when we rented a scooter to see if she liked riding.........as soon as she found out the truth, she progressed through a couple until she got to this one that is her pride and joy...........shot just south of Penticton B.C.

Rifleman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Next

Return to Photos & Cameras