New Bike

Your Aviation (or Personal) Photos and discussion on Cameras & photography.

Re: New Bike

Postby Fozzer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:11 am

When I first looked at the photo I thought..."Suzie and the Bandit"!

..but it's not...

It's "Siouxsie and the Banshees"!

But there again...

It's actually; "Wendy and the Burgman"...(Suzuki 650cc Burgman)....

.....and "Ken and the Bandit"...(Suzuki 600/1200cc Bandit).

..... :lol: ....!

...and when, in the previous post, I said I was "5' 7" and 250 Lbs", I'm actually short and thin, and weigh; 154 Lbs; (typing error)...

...so I'm not a big fat slob on a little Honda Rebel!.... :oops: ..... :lol: ....!

Love the scenery Ken...(and Wendy), we just need some warm/hot sunshine to get out and about again in comfort....we've been up to our ears in the snow!

My Bundle of Joy, (Daisy), waiting patiently for the sun to come out...>>>

Take care Folks!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ....!

Ken...some reminders of the; "Old Country"!...>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... 9JA/videos
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby john.r » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:31 am

Thanks for the comments everyone, compared to the Lexmoto Arizona I still own but is now off the road as I'm sorting the few problems out it had developed this year before selling it.

So far I've rode close on 150 miles with work & getting out and about on the bike, and I can honestly say I should have bought one of these sooner, going to do a little comparison though:

The Suzuki has 13.5 BHP compared with the Lexmoto's 9.8 BHP, and speed wise the Suzuki still pulls when hitting 65mph+ whereas the Lexmoto would struggle to hit 60mph, but the sound from the Suzuki is possibly 100x better than the lexmoto.

Fozzer wrote:@John....

..it would be interesting to know what you think of the new 2017 Honda Rebel Bobbers...300cc single, and 500cc twin models?

I would go for the 500cc Twin version....I reckon they are going to be really popular with the new breed of riders!

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/rang ... .html.html

Note that the new 2017 Honda CMX500 motor turns out 45 BHP, compared to my 1995 Honda CB500RR motor which is a full 58 BHP... a real little screamer!!

There you go, Chums...

...more exciting 2-wheeled stuff!

Sopwith Camels on 2 Wheels....(in-line)....!... :lol: ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!

Paul,

Believe it or not I was looking at the CMX500 as the first big bike when I eventually go in for the full licence, I saw one at one of the bike nights I go to now and again and it felt just right to sit on.
PC Spec's: Deep Cool Tesseract case, Asrock B450-pro4 motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 2600x, 32GB DDR4 3000mhz, Gigabyte RTX 2060 v2 OC 6GB, 2x2TB Seagate, 1x 3TB Seagate drives
john.r
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:03 am

Hello John...

...after a recipe of Japanese Crotch Rockets with their fat tanks and high seats: (1985 Honda XBR 500G, 1992 Honda CBR 600 FM, and my present 1995 Honda CB500RR, I now have an overwhelming desire to be sat closer to the ground, with a low centre of gravity, when stationary, and slightly unbalanced!

..recovery is much easier...trust me!.... :dance: .... :lol: ...!

You will appreciate the overall finish and reliability of the Suzuki compared to the low-cost, Taiwanese; "equivalents?".....oooopsss!.... :lol: ....!

There were many years when I decried; "American Harley Davidson Cruisers" and their riders, mostly because of the Hells Angels crowd ...(and the President G.W. Bush + Tony Blair love-in), but I have since found out, via my Channel on Youtube, that the Family Harley Riders are a grand collection of Folks who just ride to enjoy themselves and their countryside!.

"Cruising"...(in the nicest possible way!..... ;) ....)...has now been a new experience for me...

...and I am enjoying it...when then Sun comes out!

Paul.... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Rifleman » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:35 am

Fozzer wrote:When I first looked at the photo I thought..."Suzie and the Bandit"!

It's actually; "Wendy and the Burgman"...(Suzuki 650cc Burgman)....

.....and "Ken and the Bandit"...(Suzuki 600/1200cc Bandit).

Love the scenery Ken...(and Wendy), we just need some warm/hot sunshine to get out and about again in comfort....we've been up to our ears in the snow!

Oh so close Paul,....it's actually "Wendy on the Burgman 400" and "Ken on the Bandit 650", but nobody's counting these days.....as long as we keep riding something !

Last edited by Rifleman on Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rifleman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby john.r » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:41 am

Fozzer wrote:Hello John...

...after a recipe of Japanese Crotch Rockets with their fat tanks and high seats: (1985 Honda XBR 500G, 1992 Honda CBR 600 FM, and my present 1995 Honda CB500RR, I now have an overwhelming desire to be sat closer to the ground, with a low centre of gravity, when stationary, and slightly unbalanced!

..recovery is much easier...trust me!.... :dance: .... :lol: ...!

You will appreciate the overall finish and reliability of the Suzuki compared to the low-cost, Taiwanese; "equivalents?".....oooopsss!.... :lol: ....!

There were many years when I decried; "American Harley Davidson Cruisers" and their riders, mostly because of the Hells Angels crowd ...(and the President G.W. Bush + Tony Blair love-in), but I have since found out, via my Channel on Youtube, that the Family Harley Riders are a grand collection of Folks who just ride to enjoy themselves and their countryside!.

"Cruising"...(in the nicest possible way!..... ;) ....)...has now been a new experience for me...

...and I am enjoying it...when then Sun comes out!

Paul.... :lol: ...!

Hello Paul,

With this one I would feel more comfortable and safer doing longer distances compared with the Chinese one I had previously, so planning on a few trips down south next year weather permitting.

A guy I know well, had a little ride of this up the estate yesterday and he's had the HD Softtail Deluxe 1490 previously and he's now on a Yam Wildstar 1600, and his opinion was it wouldn't look out of place on the road with the Wildstar, which in the new year we are going to get some photo's of them both together.

Do you remember the old Suzuki RG125 I had?
PC Spec's: Deep Cool Tesseract case, Asrock B450-pro4 motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 2600x, 32GB DDR4 3000mhz, Gigabyte RTX 2060 v2 OC 6GB, 2x2TB Seagate, 1x 3TB Seagate drives
john.r
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:13 am

...but I do remember this one, John.... ;) ...

...with the big grin!.... :D ....>>>

We don't get many "Harleys" down our way...and the Yamaha Star (Dragstar) Motorcycles are a good alternative...

Paul...just downed a massive neck of Lamb Casserole...now time for a ride!... :D ...!

P.S. I think your Suzy RG 125 got stolen?...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:39 pm

Many thanks for the My Chanel Subscription, Ken!.... ;) ..... ;) ....!

Paul....:mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby john.r » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:32 pm

Fozzer wrote:
P.S. I think your Suzy RG 125 got stolen?...!

Unfortunately both the Suzy RG 125 & the Honda CBR 125R I had, both where stolen, this one has the tracker from the Lexmoto fitted to the bike as well as a couple of chains/locks.

I remember the photo above well, taken at Rivington Barn shortly after a ride with quite a few other bikes to Leeds.
john.r
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby TruNorthSim » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:43 pm

Great buy on that Suzuki! I always enjoy bike threads. It's great to see so many different people appreciating such a great hobby :D

I've owned several bikes, including a 1982 Honda Magna v45 750cc, 1986 Suzuki Savage 650cc, 1989 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim, a 1996 Suzuki Savage 650cc, a 2003 Honda American Classic Edition 750cc, a 2009 Harley Nightster 1200cc, a 2011 Harley Nightster 1200cc, and now a 2009 Harley Ultra Classic 1584cc :D

BTW, we also call them bikes in America, but I guess it all depends on who you talk to ;)

Regards
TruNorthSim
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Bofredrik » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:34 am

Dangerous.
Bofredrik
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ozzy72 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:50 am

Well here is my first ever big boy bike, my beloved Honda VF;
This is Kara (current bike), pre-crash;
And this is what she'll look like when the rebuild is finished!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Rifleman » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:20 pm

Fozzer wrote:Many thanks for the My Chanel Subscription, Ken!.... ;) ..... ;) ....!

Paul....:mrgreen: ...!

On the contrary Paul,..lately, I've been riding through you since it's a bit wet and snowy here. Keep on putting up the vids as I quite enjoy them, even if I ride on the right side of the road, and you apparently ride on whats left.......... ;-)
Rifleman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Previous

Return to Photos & Cameras