A bit of Nature

Your Aviation (or Personal) Photos and discussion on Cameras & photography.

A bit of Nature

Postby Rifleman » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:21 pm

Drive to Campbell River today and take in the running of the Salmon, only thing is, I don't have the required 72mm Circular Polarizer for the lens I wanted to shoot. I did however, manage to capture and bring back some other Nature......

Rifleman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: A bit of Nature

Postby Shadowcaster » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:56 am

WOW beautiful pictures, the bird of prey (Eagle?) is stunning. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby FlexibleFlier » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:53 am

Stunning! Great work.

If you like nature photographs I highly recommend Thomas Mangelsen [url](http://mangelsen.com/)[/url]. He is headquartered in Jackson, WY, where I knew him as a friend, but travels the world taking some truly remarkable pix. Enjoy.
FlexibleFlier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:33 am

Nice. I can't match that. We don't have such exotic creatures on this side of the Pond.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Rifleman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:12 pm

Hagar wrote:Nice. I can't match that. We don't have such exotic creatures on this side of the Pond.

I totally understand that Doug, that's the reason I share, so those lesser fortunate can see what I see. I went back through and found a more mature bird which flew up the river which we were standing beside. With the fish ladder closed off, there were no shots worthy of sharing from the Salmon point of interest.

Rifleman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Roypcox » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:15 pm

That is just pure perfection!!! I don't know how that could be any better, thanks for sharing . roy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby FlexibleFlier » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:31 am

I had a truly wonderful bird experience yesterday (sorry, no pix, just a warm heart).

I small hummingbird had flown into our living room through the open door and couldn't find its way out. It was perched on a ledge, trying to fly through a high window. The poor little thing must have been terrified: after each attempt it would chirp quite loudly, take a short rest break and try again. I got a ladder and gently coaxed it toward me, hoping to capture it in my hands. It was, of course, absolutely petrified and I worked hard at being gentle. It's first defense was to lay one wing down as if injured and I had to be careful to not damage it. Slowly, I shuffled the poor thing into my hands at which point it rolled onto its back, feet in the air, behaving quite dead. My wife was certain I had killed it but I had seen this defense before. I climbed down the ladder, walked outside and the beautiful little bird quickly rolled over in my hands, spread its tiny wings and flew away, bringing tears to our eyes.

If only we could all do a single act of kindness each day, especially to the other creatures with which we share the planet, what a wonderful world it would surely be.
FlexibleFlier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hawkeye07 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:22 am

All I can say is WOW!!! :shock: ( I'd like to say "Aw---me" but Fozzer would get that twitch in his left eye again. :lol: )

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Rifleman » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:26 am

Hawkeye07 wrote:All I can say is WOW!!! :shock: ( I'd like to say "Aw---me" but Fozzer would get that twitch in his left eye again. :lol: )

Hard to ride with less than perfect vision in both eyes....
Rifleman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby FlexibleFlier » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:31 pm

Thanks, Hawkeye.

Another one (I'll try to be brief):

While living in Jackson Hole, WY, I was part of a volunteer effort to remove old barbed wire from expired national parks allotments. The land was no longer being used by ranchers and we wanted to return it to open spaces for the wildlife.

After a particularly difficult, hot day of pulling rusted wire now covered with sagebrush out of an old fenced area we were hooking up about a mile of the stuff to be dragged out and taken to a metal recycling center when a single bison strolled in. He got right up to where the wire fencing had been and stopped, somehow seeming remember that he couldn't continue this way. He did his bison thing of slowly swinging his head back and forth as if looking for the barbed wire...after a few moments he apparently realized there was no wire and stepped through. We were maybe 50-75 yards away from him and couldn't yell for joy for fear of startling the magnificent beast so we just stared and him, some of us crying at the sight of him now being free to roam his land.

For me, nature is the most precious thing and it deserves - needs! - all the help we can give it.
FlexibleFlier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Photos & Cameras