Nanaimo

Your Aviation (or Personal) Photos and discussion on Cameras & photography.

Re: Nanaimo

Postby Hawkeye07 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:47 pm

The Chinese gent really had me laughing. He must have been from Northern China, Ya think? Oh yah, yah.

By any chance have you watched "Fargo: The Series"? Billy Bob Thornton plays one hell of an evil character. Did an outstanding job of it too.

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:11 pm

Now the World has really gone mad!....

All the years I have been envying all the Folks who live in hot, dry, New Mexico and Arizona, etc, as a pleasant change from the cold, Wintry weather in England....and North America/Canada.....

Then this happens!...

On the I-40/US Route 66 between Albuquerque and Flagstaff...>>>>

http://krqe.com/2016/12/17/multiple-cra ... anta-rosa/

As Alan (Viper Pilot) reminds me, its not all fun and sun in the South USA..... :o ....!

Paul....Need to go even further south for some heat!.... :roll: ....!

P.S...Hawk...Yes, I did watch the TV Fargo series with Billy Bob Thornton!...It was excellent!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hawkeye07 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:24 pm

Well Paul, Albuquerque WAS on my short list of places to migrate to after our last little birdie flies the coop. I think you're right about heading farther south. The Mrs. is campaigning real hard for Florida but I'm not so sure. Maybe I can volunteer at the Planes of Fame. Hmm....... :think:

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:56 pm

Hawkeye07 wrote:Well Paul, Albuquerque WAS on my short list of places to migrate to after our last little birdie flies the coop. I think you're right about heading farther south. The Mrs. is campaigning real hard for Florida but I'm not so sure. Maybe I can volunteer at the Planes of Fame. Hmm....... :think:

Hawk and the Missus....

Go South, young man, go South.....

...go even farther South!.... :o ....!

..... :lol: ....!

Some of my You-Tube Biker Chums are complaining about cold weather in Orlando, and having to wear extra biking clothes, in cold daytime temperatures of 50 Degrees F!

It seems that Hot Weather in the USA is all an illusion for me... :( ....!

Tomorrows weather for me in Hereford.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/hr4?day=1

43*F is too chilly for me..... :? ....!

Paul...... :D ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hawkeye07 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:52 pm

When I was stationed in Memphis, Tennessee I rode my Honda CB650 to work every day. In the winter months when there wasn't any snow I wore ski pants, ski jacket and a balaclava under my helmet and off I went. I wouldn't do that up here in Minnesota though, OOFDAH! :lol:

Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:19 pm

Hawkeye07 wrote:When I was stationed in Memphis, Tennessee I rode my Honda CB650 to work every day. In the winter months when there wasn't any snow I wore ski pants, ski jacket and a balaclava under my helmet and off I went. I wouldn't do that up here in Minnesota though, OOFDAH! :lol:

Parts of North Carolina ......>>>> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-QrcU ... uIA/videos

..seem to have similar seasons and temperatures as mine....>>>> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... MRHx6P69JA

There must be somewhere in the World where its nice all year round?... :pray: ...!

Paul.... :lol: ....!

P.S I get all my USA weather information from various You-Tube Motorcycle rides!

...'trubble is, most of them/us only go out when its warm and cosy.... ;) ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hawkeye07 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:38 pm

Fozzer wrote:Parts of North Carolina ......>>>> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-QrcU ... uIA/videos
..seem to have similar seasons and temperatures as mine....>>>> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... MRHx6P69JA

There must be somewhere in the World where its nice all year round?... :pray: ...!

Paul.... :lol: ....!

P.S I get all my USA weather information from various You-Tube Motorcycle rides!

Maybe Hawaii but I'm sure they have a rainy season much like Bermuda (where I spent 18 months in the early '70's. Hated it then, miss it now. :cry: )

Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:54 pm

Hawkeye07 wrote:
Maybe Hawaii but I'm sure they have a rainy season much like Bermuda (where I spent 18 months in the early '70's. Hated it then, miss it now. :cry: )

Hawk....

Apparently, its nice living in Hawaii...providing that the you are a genuine Hawaiian.....

....otherwise!.... :roll: ....!

Paul.... ;) ... ;) ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hawkeye07 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:46 pm

Fozzer wrote:
Hawkeye07 wrote:

Hawk....

Apparently, its nice living in Hawaii...providing that the you are a genuine Hawaiian.....

....otherwise!.... :roll: ....!

Paul.... ;) ... ;) ...!

I worked with a native Hawaiian at Northwest Airlines and he told me it was very expensive to live there. That's a reasonable situation I suppose seeing that almost everything has to be shipped in. I understand that many of the native Hawaiians would like the rest of the population to leave and to secede from the USA.
I supposedly have a cousin who moved there many years ago but unfortunately I lost contact with him.
Come to think on it, I also had a shipmate who was a native of Japanese decent who retired in the Islands. Hmmm...I wonder what he's doing these days? :think:

Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Photos & Cameras