Scotland Pt. 2

Your Aviation (or Personal) Photos and discussion on Cameras & photography.

Scotland Pt. 2

Postby ozzy72 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:19 am

No flying Ford Anglia I can see....
But a clue where we are...
Eilean Donan Castle, back drop in many films
Nessie is in there somewhere...
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Scotland Pt. 2

Postby BlueSkies » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:21 am

Very nice.

Your definitely up on the West Coast of Scotland, and by the looks of it not a million miles from the Isle of Skye !
The Scottish Highlands are stunning.
If you get a chance while up there, jump on the west coast line and take a train to the Kyle of Lochalsh, I promise you wouldn't be disappointed. :D
If you love your scenery, it's the train ride to take.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
BlueSkies

Postby expat » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:29 am

Looks like you had a good break Mark and so much more educational than taking the kids to Euro Disney.........although that is fun too... :D

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:42 am

Thanks for taking us along Mark...please keep the photos coming... :clap: :dance:
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:47 am

T'was a good couple of days away with the kids, no telly, no internet. Emi has really re-found her passion for photography and has gone mad for Scotland and David simply loves the idea of Nessie :-)
Of course hanging out in places they've seen on films helps make the magic seem so much more real. And that's cool. Tried watching Harry Potter the other night, had to keep stopping for "We were there" followed by a 10 minute discussion of it :-D
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby G.K. » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:53 am

Looks like you had a good time. I see some blue sky in those shots, well done indeed, always a bonus when visiting the west coast of haggis land.
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Postby ozzy72 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:58 am

Oddly GK it is rare I get bad weather when visiting the land of my father... always seems to be nice when I'm up there. Even more weirdly, every time I've been to Sydney (Australian edition) it starts raining as soon as I enter the city limits... maybe I'm one of those meteorological phenomena :-D
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby G.K. » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:06 pm

"meteorological phenomena"

My teeth would fly out if I tried saying that. Lol

We had the wettest, windiest holiday ever while camping on the shores of Loch Lomond. We were young so we still enjoyed it. It's a beautiful place even when gloomy.
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:34 am

The one and only time I ever went North to Scotland (Glasgow), by aeroplane in the 1960s, as an Electrical Engineer working for my Computer Air Conditioning Company, the weather was horrendous; cold, wet, and miserable, and the scenery was depressing!
Its always remained a bad impression for me.

I never like going "North" to anywhere in Britain!

Aiming for the North Pole never excites me!... :( ....!

(Even the Lake District can be depressing at the wrong times)

Hagar's location, on the South Coast, always seem a better bet...closer to the Equator, and warmth!.... :dance: ....!

Paul....Herefordshire...Half way between!..... ;) ....!

Mark, I don't suppose the little ones are adversely affected by the; "weather"?
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:56 am

Fozzer wrote:Hagar's location, on the South Coast, always seem a better bet...closer to the Equator, and warmth!.... :dance: ....!

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else Paul. 8-)

I must confess to never having visited Scotland. I'm sure the scenery is stunning but it looks a tad dark & gloomy in your photos Mark. The furthest North I've been is the Lake District where the weather leaves a lot to be desired. :whistle:

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:21 am

Alas the time of year Doug, the Glenfinnan Viaduct was photographed just after dawn, everything else was in the afternoon after much driving.
The kids loved it however, and now watching Harry Potter or James Bond it is a case of "We've been there!!!" and I love that. Suddenly the magic of the movies seems more real to them, got to plan a few more expeditions like this for them :-)
And no Paul, they don't mind, it wasn't raining anytime we were out on foot, so it was good. Still haven't finished helping Emi sort through about a trillion photos! Good thing Santa has got her a nice new proper camera ;-)
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Fozzer » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:44 am

ozzy72 wrote:Alas the time of year Doug, the Glenfinnan Viaduct was photographed just after dawn, everything else was in the afternoon after much driving.
The kids loved it however, and now watching Harry Potter or James Bond it is a case of "We've been there!!!" and I love that. Suddenly the magic of the movies seems more real to them, got to plan a few more expeditions like this for them :-)
And no Paul, they don't mind, it wasn't raining anytime we were out on foot, so it was good. Still haven't finished helping Emi sort through about a trillion photos! Good thing Santa has got her a nice new proper camera ;-)

Its the same with me now.....

Every time I see a Hollywood film, or documentary, or news broadcast now of various places in the USA, I shout to myself, excitedly.....

"Been there...seen it!"

That's what years of daily scenery touring in the Flight Sim does for me!

Paul..... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:29 am

Ahh eTouring, the way to get through those cold winter nights :-D
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jean Loup » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:15 pm

ozzy72 wrote:T'was a good couple of days away with the kids, no telly, no internet. Emi has really re-found her passion for photography and has gone mad for Scotland and David simply loves the idea of Nessie :-)

In my Classic Tiger Moth I over flew Loch Ness this morning, after some reports of sighting Nessie.

Warm up before take-off.

I'll have to fly over the other side of Loch Ness, Nessie is not over this end.

THERE SHE iS!! Not a beast, but a lovely pet.

Nessie likes her picture taken, my gas is low so I am turning back to base.
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Return to Photos & Cameras