I think I'm turning Japanese

Your Aviation (or Personal) Photos and discussion on Cameras & photography.

I think I'm turning Japanese

Postby ozzy72 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:21 am

So a quick shot of my labours at my Japanese cookery class the other day... and yes I ate everything (we made quite a lot more of this, I learned 5 different types of sushi) :-) this photo was taken about half-way through the class.
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Re: I think I'm turning Japanese

Postby Hawkeye07 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:08 pm

Hey Mark, how about a tour of the contents of your photo? I for one wouldn't be able to tell one type of sushi from another.

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby expat » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:26 pm

Please don't turn Japanese in public.........You may get arrested for it..... :lol:

Looks very tasty, I think I am going to have to Google a recipe or two.

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:48 am

It all looks a bit "fishy" to me, Mark!... :o .... :lol: ....!

The thought of eating uncooked raw fish terrifies my tummy!.... :shock: ...!

Definite not one for me, who likes his food cremated/boiled to death for ultimate safety!

NAH...scary!......Deep fried, Battered Cod/Haddock will do me, very nicely!

Paul.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:20 am

Don't get me wrong Paul, I love a good cooked meal too, but there is a lot to be said for trying other cultures and their ways. I've been doing a lot of Thai and Vietnamese cooking of late for the kids and they love it. So I had the opportunity to take a half-day class and I took it. Brilliant fun, met some great people and had a lovely time. Laughed till it hurt.
Oh and OD'd on all the yummy things I'd made ;-)
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:45 am

ozzy72 wrote:Don't get me wrong Paul, I love a good cooked meal too, but there is a lot to be said for trying other cultures and their ways. I've been doing a lot of Thai and Vietnamese cooking of late for the kids and they love it. So I had the opportunity to take a half-day class and I took it. Brilliant fun, met some great people and had a lovely time. Laughed till it hurt.
Oh and OD'd on all the yummy things I'd made ;-)

..... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

At the moment I'm sticking to home-made Indian Curries....

...using a proper knife and fork, (like posh folks do), rather than fiddling about with Chopsticks...!

Italian stuff OK....Mexican?...don't know yet!

Whatever it is..its got to be cooked:..."WELL DONE!"

Paul....Mid-day Dins nearly ready...!..... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:29 am

I did quite a bit of Italian nosh for the kids this weekend. Emi reckons I just keep getting better and better. She was heaping praise on some of my new dishes. I was rather flattered.
Meanwhile in Russia, the sushi game has been upped!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Photos & Cameras