RC Racing Boat

Your Aviation (or Personal) Photos and discussion on Cameras & photography.

RC Racing Boat

Postby H_PAUL » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:21 pm

howdy all,

On Spreckels Lake in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park one can usually see RC boats either sailing or racing around especially on weekends..............
Here's a shot of a fast boy that had the lake all to himself.......enjoy

H_Paul

H_PAUL
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: RC Racing Boat

Postby OldAirmail » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:06 am

That does look like fun, but can you post a few pictures of the RC submarine races? :lol:

All kidding aside, you must have been born with a camera in your hands - Great pictures. :clap:
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby expat » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:06 am

That is a model of an unlimited hydroplane. I had one, not much room for error when giving it some rudder......Top tip.....receiver in a balloon or two as when they get salt water in them, the PCB starts to froth and fizz nicely... :lol:

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby aussiewannabe » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:33 am

aussiewannabe
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:28 am

Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H_PAUL » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:00 pm

Thank you for the kudos guys............being from that area, I do miss how photogenic San Francisco is.........lots to see, do , and photograph.....
Golden Gate Bridge will be my next post soon........from different angles

H_Paul
H_PAUL
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:44 pm

H_PAUL wrote:Thank you for the kudos guys............being from that area, I do miss how photogenic San Francisco is.........lots to see, do , and photograph.....
Golden Gate Bridge will be my next post soon........from different angles

H_Paul

Places to visit...>>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haight-Ashbury

The birth of Flower Power!

Paul... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H_PAUL » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:53 pm

Ah, The Haight.................spent quite a bit of time there, a few friends owned Hippie shops.......remember tour buses coming down the street and many tourists, mostly Asian taking many photos of everyone on the street etc.........it was a spectacle to say the least. Lost all my photos of that era, or I would most definitely share them with you all.............

I even did a stint with Missionary Lites, our home base was Family Dog, we did light shows for all the groups including Led Zeppelin..........Fillmore West, Avalon Ballroom and Winterland........

Good ole times !! Even free concerts at Speedway Meadows in GGP...........Janice Joplin, Jimmie Hendrix to name a few, those were the days !

http://mksgrist.wix.com/playlandatthebeach#!family-dog-at-the-highway-shows/c1xc8

H_Paul
H_PAUL
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:11 am

..and don't forget the infamous Altamont Free Concert, with the Rolling Stones!...>>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altamont_Free_Concert

Just over the hill from Livermore Airport KLVK, 580/205 junction, on the way to Tracy KTCY!

The Race Track is still there...(Google Sat Map it).

I have recreated it in my FS2004 and FSX scenery, to make it a recognisable landmark for navigation!

....another time...another place in history...>>>

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Altam ... 55&bih=813

Paul....with flowers in my hair....(perhaps)..... ;) ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H_PAUL » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:59 pm

Fozz,

..and don't forget the infamous Altamont Free Concert, with the Rolling Stones!

You are coming up with some great memories............Altamont ."The West Coast Woodstock" had over 350,000 in the audience, I was there...........quite the spectacle.

Coed porta-potties, there was a huge fruit fight, interstate 5 and hwy 680 were blocked for quite awhile do to attendees using it for a parking lot !!! Tow trucks and local authorities made a few bucks, to say the least ! I got there very early that morn and noticed what it looked like columns of people 12 x 12 marching towards the event......
The Rolling Stones, (last act) used the infamous at the time "Hell's Angels" as their bodyguards........a fight broke out next to the stage and the Angels starting wailing with none other than pool cues.........two babies where born..........The elevated stage and sound systems were enough to make a person transcend beyond his/her body, if doing the right drug I bet.........

H_Paul lived to tell about it eh :doh:
H_PAUL
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:20 pm

H_Paul.... ;) ....

I have been Sim Flying the whole of California, North to South, East to West, and the surrounding States, every day for the past 15+years, since Flight Unlimited II, gathering information from news, documentaries, films, etc... :D ...!

Its a truly fascinating place, as is the whole of the USA in my Flight Sim explorations, and the USA You-Tube's various Harley Davidson Motorcycle Tours!

A really big country, with a really big sky!

Paul....Highway 1 and Route 66, etc..... :mrgreen: ...!

P.S...I even take Californians on Flight Sim Tours of California, in Multiplayer!.... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H_PAUL » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:50 pm

Fozzer,

P.S...I even take Californians on Flight Sim Tours of California, in Multiplayer!.... :D ...!

I've been a tour guide in real life and do enjoy showing people around in MP too.............fun stuff

Attached is a present for you Paul........took this last year, I'm about 40 minutes from the Santa Monica Pier................you may copy and print it if you want.......
Been on 66, not quite made it to Chicago tho.....

Enjoy

H_Paul
H_PAUL
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:00 pm

Route 66....The Will Rogers Highway!

My favourite desert stretch..Albuquerque to Barstow via Flagstaff...and all around!

....http://www.route66seligmanarizona.com/....

....http://www.hackberrygeneralstore.com/

...but not the frantic Highway bit through LA to Santa Monica!

I follow all that route on the You-Tube Harley's!.... :dance: ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Photos & Cameras