A little project....

Your Aviation (or Personal) Photos and discussion on Cameras & photography.

A little project....

Postby expat » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:50 am

I am involved in a project at to get up and running a small cold war museum covering the times of the former RAF Gütersoh.
We have a GR3 Cockpit section and our first "full size". She is an Sukhoi SU-22M. Arrived on a flat bed as a rather large Airfix kit. She had been used as a disco ball for many years hanging in a dance hall covered in fairy lights and such...... :doh:
This was the arrival day, were we just got her unloaded. Assembly came a few weeks later. I have pictures of that too, but on a different camera.

Matt

"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: A little project....

Postby Jetranger » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:43 am

Cool, hope it'll eventually be kept inside a Hanger to keep the weather off of it !!
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby expat » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:26 am

Jetranger wrote:Cool, hope it'll eventually be kept inside a Hanger to keep the weather off of it !!

We are in negotiation for a HAS on the airfield, but the army will not let us in until they leave next year. In the meanwhile we are looking in the direction of a marque.

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:03 am

I see that you have great faith in the integrity of wooden pallets, Matt... ;) ....

....safer than Household Bricks?... :roll: ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby expat » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:08 am

Fozzer wrote:I see that you have great faith in the integrity of wooden pallets, Matt... ;) ....

....safer than Household Bricks?... :roll: ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!

Never underestimate the power of the pallet Paul............ :lol:

Matt

expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hagar » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:12 pm

That's quite a project. Seems you're going to be busy. ;)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Photos & Cameras