Redding Airshow with the Blue Angels #2

Your Aviation (or Personal) Photos and discussion on Cameras & photography.

Redding Airshow with the Blue Angels #2

Postby H_PAUL » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:04 pm

Howdy all,

Here's some more shots of a great airshow......enjoy !

H_Paul

H_PAUL
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Redding Airshow with the Blue Angels #2

Postby Anthindelahunt » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:35 pm

Nice ones my friend. I really miss Air Shows
down here in the ACT.

Great shots once again..

Anthin. :dance:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby PhantomTweak » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:53 am

I miss the airshows too. When I worked on base at MCAS Yuma, we could always get to watch the practices all day while working on the flight-line, and come the day of the show, a few of us knew of a secret spot on base overlooking the entire flight-line from slightly above. Made for a fantastic spot to avoid crowds and watch the shows un-impeded by the usual crowds of snow-birds.

First time I was watching an '18 came in low and slow, dirtied up. His AOA kept getting higher and higher, and I was sure I was going to have a front row seat to a sight I never wanted to see: An accident. Or see again, I should say. F-4s tend to not do well when the horizontal stab programs full "up" when the weight-on-wheels switches trip...Anyway, I watched this FA-18 get nose higher and higher, and his forward speed lower and lower, until he was, literally, standing on his tail, just the engine thrust holding him up. I was sure it was the end, and waited to see the seat come out, but he just let it dance there for little bit, then actually accelerated. Straight up. I was in AWE. They didn't permit it during the show as being too dangerous to the crowds, but watching this practice session really opened my eyes!
I did watch the Patty Wagstaff crash that famous night. We were all relieved she wasn't seriously hurt.

I sure miss all that now I'm up in Oregon...
Pat☺
Have fun, fly high, far, and free!
Pat
2S7, Chiloquin OR Image
PhantomTweak
Captain
Captain

Postby H_PAUL » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:15 pm

Thanks guys.............

Pat, I remember driving from K Falls to Bend during a snow storm, my wipers couldn't keep up with the snow, no where to turn off, no plows around at night so I just stopped in the middle of the hwy near Chiloquin to clean off my windshield, looked behind me there were 10 cars at least, guy behind me yells, "We were wondering when you'd stop so we could clean the snow off"

I was the lead till Bend..........made it safely

H_Paul
H_PAUL
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Photos & Cameras