Between Christmas and New Years Day.....

Your Aviation (or Personal) Photos and discussion on Cameras & photography.

Between Christmas and New Years Day.....

Postby Rifleman » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:36 pm

With hardly any indication of winter in the air at all this season, I went out with a friend to shoot some local scenery. We traveled half way down towards Nanaimo since there was a bit of a blow coming up the Strait, which usually brings with it white caps and a few waves rolling in to shore, to visit a location I myself had just discovered a few days previously. On occasion the tri-pod started to shift with the tide on the way in and a good old fashioned "soaker" was had by Vince. Hard to see a good one come in while peering through a viewfinder intently.......it's only water anyway, even though it was cold. After leaving the site and getting back to the small park where we had left our vehicles, it was noticed that there right in front of us was a palm.....not expected really, when there is snow in the local mountains not very far away. Winter surely doesn't seem like it has any thoughts of showing itself when we find water flow in the woods, fed by mountain run-off streams....and lush vegetation.......Why to I live here again......?

Rifleman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Between Christmas and New Years Day.....

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:28 am

The last photo'...

A curious mix of Autumn golden leaves on the ground, together with lush green Spring vegetation!

...and Palm Trees in the photo above at such a high latitude... :o ...!

Curiouser and curiouser as Alice would say!

Good to see you again. Ken!

Paul... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:00 am

Wonderful set Ken... ;)
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:45 am

Nice one Ken.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Photos & Cameras