A Beautiful Autumn Morning

Your Aviation (or Personal) Photos and discussion on Cameras & photography.

Re: A Beautiful Autumn Morning

Postby BFMF » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:13 am

beautifull photos Doug!

British styles are very strange to say the least ;D
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:02 am

Thanks again for your encouragement guys - as if I needed encouragement to bore the pants off people. LOL
Knowing they're appreciated by even a few members makes my efforts worthwhile. I especailly value your kind comments Rifleman. ;)

British styles are very strange to say the least

Andrew. Please don't think that the buildings in my photos are anything like the houses that the average Brit would call home. The shops in Arundel High Street are ancient & classed as listed buildings (typically Tudor I believe although I'm no expert on architecture). The same applies to the old cottages & pubs. Fortunately for us, the historic buildings in a conservation area like this are strictly preserved in their original condition as a part of the contract for owning or living in them.
Last edited by Hagar on Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fly2e » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:42 am

Posted by: Rifleman Posted on: Today at 2:03am
Hagar my friend, don't you dare lose track of that beautiful camera.......it brings us wonderful images of your side of the world.....I enjoy these shots as much as anyone................keep doing this once in a while and I can assure you, I will keep looking............  

I second Rifleman!
I am real busy trying to finish off the inside of my house, and when I took a little break today to come to SimV, these pictures took me away from my workload for just a few minutes! I can smell the fresh air! Thanks for sharing them Doug!

Dave  8)
COMING SOON!
Fly2e
Colonel
Colonel

Postby born_2_fly » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:26 pm

Well you know it's not the best of idea's giving out your adress on a chat room! So do you live in chichester or in the surroundin area? Speak soon!

Born_2_fly
born_2_fly

Postby Hagar » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:38 pm

Well you know it's not the best of idea's giving out your adress on a chat room! So do you live in chichester or in the surroundin area? Speak soon!

Born_2_fly

I appreciate that & was not criticising. ;)

I make no secret of the fact I live in Worthing aka the Costa Geriatrica. I was born in Brighton & have lived on the South Coast of England all my life. I've seen many beautiful places all over this country & the world but this is what I call home. I'm always glad to get back home & I never wanted to live anywhere else. ;D
Last edited by Hagar on Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby SaVas » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:07 pm

mmmm wow. i love shots of countries I have never been to which is basically all of them other than the US
My life is like the movie Office Space
SaVas
Major
Major

Postby born_2_fly » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:23 pm

I totally agree, the south of england could possible be one of the best places to live, in my view i wouldnt trade good old Chichester for the world! where better than the heritage of our country? You can keep the emipire state....Weve got a Cathedral!
born_2_fly

Postby Hagar » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:36 pm

You can keep the emipire state....Weve got a Cathedral!
Don't get too carried away old chap. NYC has at least one cathedral. If I remember correctly, one is just across the street from the Empire State Building. It's a grand piece of architecture too which despite its size is dwarfed by the surrounding skyscrapers. I'm sure Fly2e will be happy to correct me on this if I'm wrong & fill in the details.

I'm sure I have a photo taken during my last visit to that fine city. Unfortunately I didn't have time to go inside. I'll dig it out & scan it some time if you're interested. ;)

PS. I found the photo. The cathedral is not where I thought. I won't post it as this might cause unnecessary distress to friends of mine. This was not my intention in posting this topic. :'(
Last edited by Hagar on Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fly2e » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:59 pm

I know which cathederal you speak of Doug.
RIP  :'(

Dave  8)
COMING SOON!
Fly2e
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:37 pm

Thanks for the kind words Dave. I appreciate it. ;)

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby DanielF » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:40 pm

Beautiful pictures!  Your post almost looks like something you would see in National Geographic.  ;)

...The shops in Arundel High Street are ancient & classed as listed buildings (typically Tudor I believe although I'm no expert on architecture). The same applies to the old cottages & pubs. Fortunately for us, the historic buildings in a conservation area like this are strictly preserved in their original condition as a part of the contract for owning or living in them.

There are a lot of preserved areas like that here in the US, too, although our colonial buildings aren't ancient.   :)
FS Evolution

DanielF
DanielF
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:54 pm

[quote]Beautiful pictures!
Last edited by Hagar on Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby DanielF » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:16 pm

If you're ever in Virginia again, you should try to visit Colonial Williamsburg, America's largest outdoor living museum.
Last edited by DanielF on Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS Evolution

DanielF
DanielF
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:21 pm

[quote]If you're ever in Virginia again, you should try to visit Colonial Williamsburg, America's largest outdoor living museum.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Wing Nut » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:59 am

I totally agree, the south of england could possible be one of the best places to live, in my view i wouldnt trade good old Chichester for the world! where better than the heritage of our country? You can keep the emipire state....Weve got a Cathedral!

That's because you never lived in the US midwest.  Iowa in the summer is fantasic.  I spent many a day at Lake Red Rock swimming and many winters sleeding down hills in the snow there.  The west coast of Florida is almost as nice.  Especially up around the Crystal River area.  If you've ever SCUBA dived, then you haven't lived until you done a spring in Florida.  :)
[img]http://www.simviation.com/phpupload/uploads/1440377488.jpg[/img]
Wing Nut
Colonel
Colonel

Previous

Return to Photos & Cameras