Went walking(part1)

Your Aviation (or Personal) Photos and discussion on Cameras & photography.

Went walking(part1)

Postby Craig. » Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:57 am

well at Hagars suggestion i decided to try out the camera in the local area, not much of major interest but it did give a proper opportunity to use the camera.
Easyjet 737

these stones are actually a local landmark they stretch through a few fields in an almost perfect line, as to their reason or use, no idea, the sign explaining it was taken down

Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Went walking(part1)

Postby Hagar » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:05 am

This is much better Craig. You have a fine camera there. I don't know the resolution you used for that 737. It does give you a good idea of what's possible with aerial shots. Maybe you could crop it before resizing so the aircraft is a tad bigger rather than use the whole image. In fact it might not need resizing at all. If it was focused correctly you might be surprised at the extra clarity & detail. ;)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Craig. » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:09 am

hi Hagar
Thank you for the comments:)
as for the plane before i had to downsize it the plane was pretty clear and you could make out alot more detail, i will give the cropping a go see how well it helps
thanks for the advice:)
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby flyboy 28 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:14 pm

Nice shots...;)
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Rifleman » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:32 am

Go out and shoot Craig....experience builds an information database in your head for what this nice camera can do for you.  
Just remember the "low light level" shots may be "tricked" if you use flash on outdoor shots where you may think the range is too great.....Wendy has learned that from our evening strolls.  Her 2.8 lens is not as fast as my 1.8, but we both have come home with acceptable results of scenic shots, even though her camera recommended "flash" and mine didn't........give it a try  ;D
Rifleman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Craig. » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:55 pm

hi Ken
Thank you for the advice.. my main problem is i hold the camera in such a way that i cover the light sensor, therefore the flash always goes off:) however i cant put it in manual as i am likely to miss an important shot that requires messing with options to set the flash. what i really want to improve on is night shots of citys. i know it is possible as i have seen some examples with the camera. however its difficult as you are shooting blind in the dark
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby flyboy 28 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:10 am

I guess I better post some of my "town"... ::)
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Photos & Cameras