CFS built in scenery editor

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

CFS built in scenery editor

Postby mag_ddave » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:39 pm

S! and Hiya Doug !

Well....its been a VERY long time since I've been here. Had trouble remembering my old sign on. The RAF662, of which I am a memeber...you remember those guys right
Last edited by mag_ddave on Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mag_ddave
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: CFS built in scenery editor

Postby H » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:32 pm

Unfortunately I've limited access at the library. My missions are done on my own computer in Notepad but I've reworked some bgl files, too. Textures are done with MSPaint, PP8, SerifDraw or a combination thereof (usually work with 24-bit and convert to 256).

Have fun,

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hubbabubba » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:33 am

~S~ Ddave

I'm "Fitter and Rigger" at AAC and we still play CFS1 games every Sundays at noon, Eastern Time. My own COMBATFS.CFG file reads;

[quote]
[LAYOUT_TOOL]
The guy who said that "lightnings never strikes twice at the same place" was not grasping the lightning rod concept.
Hubbabubba
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:42 pm

There's a tute on this posted in the Simv CFS section. Bottom link on this page. http://www.simviation.com/fsdcfs%5B1%5D.htm
Last edited by Hagar on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hubbabubba » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:47 am

This is a good primer on CFS1 scenery editor basics, but it does not delve into Ddave buffer overflow issues.

Go to Flightsim search engine (sorry Simviation :)) and search for
The guy who said that "lightnings never strikes twice at the same place" was not grasping the lightning rod concept.
Hubbabubba
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Padser » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:35 pm

~S~ Ddave,

Been a while for me, too. ;-)

It sounds like it's more than you want to get involved with, but have you thought of looking here: http://www.btinternet.com/~mnwright/

Martin was the man when it came to cfs1 scenery tools - could be worth a look.

BTW - let me know if you get round to those CFS1 fly-ins, I'd love to come along if I can (little Squadron Leader allowing...)

Toodle-pip,

Pads
(Currently _79_Pads in Hyperlobby - though I probably get to fly once a quarter these days... Parenthood, it's own reward... ;))
Padser
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby mag_ddave » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:34 am

Hiya Pads!

It's been a long time pal.Still have and fly your AT6/SNJ with nav equipment in CFS2. Thx fellas for the reply Hubba and Hagar. I have always wondered about the "house of cards" effect in bgl conflict. I dl'd airport 2.60 again and fooled around in it, also have Scasam and will have to get BGL anaylse. Use to have it. I had tons of stuff from Martin Wright's site. RAF662's main sim is Il2 1946 with Ultra Pack 2.0 updates but some members also fly Rise of Flight and some old hands dabble in CFS1. All are welcome to join in. Just check our boards at RAF662.com . Thx again fellas, just like old times eh  ;)

RAF_Ddave aka MAG_Ddave aka Ddave
mag_ddave
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Combat Flight Simulator