Keyboard sensitivity

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

Keyboard sensitivity

Postby Spoonfed » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:30 am

Hi guys,

I just re-installed my copy of CFS1 after many years. I use a keyboard and don't plan on buying a joystick, but what's annoying is that the max sensitivity in the settings for the keyboard just isn't sensitive enough. Is there any way I can change some settings in a file somewhere to make it more sensitive?

Any help appreciated, cheers.
Spoonfed
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Keyboard sensitivity

Postby H » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:02 am

I'm assuming that you've entered 'Settings', selected 'Customize controls' and selected Keyboard on the resulting screen. I only have selections for elevator and rudder trim since I have a joystick, so those are the only sensitivities I adjust. I have the null point at minimum (otherwise the response is too sloppy) and the sensitivity at center point. Other than that, if at all, I'm not much help.

8-)
Last edited by H on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Keyboard sensitivity

Postby Spoonfed » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:07 am

Thanks for the reply. I actually managed to get around it by just going into Control Panel > Keyboard and reducing the time it takes to hold a key before it starts repeating itself (eg. aaaaaaaaaa etc, in case that made no sense).
Spoonfed
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Combat Flight Simulator