CFS1 Aircraft Templates

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

CFS1 Aircraft Templates

Postby Flyin-Vulf » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:44 pm

Does anyone have any templates for painting CFS1 aircraft they would send to me? Or know where I can find them. I want to paint some German planes. Fw190 A thru D, Me109`s all versions, Me 262 and 163.

Its been a long time but I had fun painting textures in the old days and would like to do it again. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
http://www.snapdrive.net/files/624570/cfs1dh.gif
"nemo me impune lacessit"
(no one shall harm me without being punished)
Flyin-Vulf
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: CFS1 Aircraft Templates

Postby H » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:58 am

Templates?
Each aircraft has textures applied according to the modellers application; some textures are symetric (properly scaled: the image from the real aircraft can be scaled to fit without distortiions) while others are not. Since many were made with, basically, flat textures, there's often room for shading, seam lines, etc. -- but the original textures can be a general guide.

If repainting a default acft, the BAO program used 256 bitmapping so the texures can be viewed or edited with MSPaint (detail is limited, however, because more than one area of the plane is painted from sections of a single 256-color bitmap). Air Factory had its own texture format so you'd have to use a texture converter to view and edit in bitmap; many AF designed models are not symetrically textured so your applied texture looks squashed in one direction and stretched in the other. For me it's easiest to use a px of the actual acft as a guide, then resize my basic texture to fit the original AF texture (usually, particularly since I like to add in shading and seam lines, I still have to do some section alignment and touch-up afterwards).

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: CFS1 Aircraft Templates

Postby Flyin-Vulf » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:11 pm

Thanks H, I used to have PSP templates, ie, different layers of the same aircraft. one with a base coat and one with the different squad markings for each model. A friend from France, "Vincent" (he has a couple of his aircraft packages posted here) who I have since lost touch with had sent them to me. I lost them a couple years ago and had hoped someone else had the same.
Oh yes, mostly I repainted Add-ons when I was painting textures.

[smiley=dankk2.gif]
http://www.snapdrive.net/files/624570/cfs1dh.gif
"nemo me impune lacessit"
(no one shall harm me without being punished)
Flyin-Vulf
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Combat Flight Simulator