Fool with Foul Feather

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

Fool with Foul Feather

Postby H » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:54 pm

[color=#003300]Some of my time has been spent reworking files in CFS1 during my chicken pox/herpes zoster recovery. One such project is the retexturing and file editing (basically, from those of the default Spitfires) for the Seafire III. That is where this little story came to play.
Testing the reworked model in a mission scenario, I successfully shot down five enemy aircraft and blew away the remainder of their damage-laden airfield (my ammo and fuel was realistically limited, mind you). Unrealistically, I then "x"ed (warped) to the next waypoint and I was immediately transported to the landing arena.
Yet, something was wrong. A lit warning light on the panel alerted me to... oh, oh, I'd encountered the range problem of the real WW2 Seafire and present-day reality -- a fuel shortage! In this case, NO fuel. With no fuel in the engine it was now in the hands of the fool in the cockpit. Over four [simulated] miles to the [simulated] runway. No flaps -- keep the retained hydraulic pressure for last moment gear deployment -- and glide as far as possible in a slow descent; 3
Last edited by H on Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Combat Flight Simulator