can cfs possibly live????

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

can cfs possibly live????

Postby _45th_Berserker » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:54 pm

~S~ all

As of late, it has been brought to my attention that quite a few of you out there have been hemmin and hawin about dusting off the ol' cd-rom and giving cfs another whirl.......why? you might ask...i'll tell you why....its only the great grandfather of all combat flight simulators...and we, at one time, found ourselves STILL playing the game until, 4 or 5 A.M......

Curiosity is getting the best of you and you are wondering if there are any other people still playing that old fossil of a game......

WELL...I'm here to tell you that there is someone still playing the game....ME......but not just me......about 10-15 others join me...

We are the 45th Peacemakers (you might remember us from the zone days)....and we still fly cfs1 every tuesday and thursday nights at 8 pm eastern time....and yes...still recruiting....our latest member joined us about a month ago....

Any how....if there is anyone interested in re-installing  and flying again, you can reach us at our team speak server....our address for it is 45thpeacemakers.no-ip.org.
 If you want to check out our site, you can go to http://www.45thpeacemakers.com.

I hope to hear from you all soon...
~S~ and see you in the skies

(just on another quick note...we are dabbling in other games too....nascar thunder 2004, il2, possibly some cfs2, and, at one time we were playing some battlefield 1942..(im still trying to get the guys interested in counter strike.....)
_45th_Berserker
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: can cfs possibly live????

Postby H » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:16 pm

...about dusting off the ol' cd-rom and giving cfs another whirl...  if there is anyone interested in re-installing and flying again...
What dust and reinstalling? I haven't had a computer yet without some form of CFS1 installed. Now, it may not always be pure default. On one occasion I'd succeeded in applying the FS98 scenery format so that I could fly the world. Currently on this PC, I've edited the DIALOG.DLL to display different startup graphics and, when I click onto the Campaign Pilot Log, rather than the bland background ambience I hear a rendition of the December 23, 1941, We did It Before (and We Can do It Again) by the Carl Hoff Orchestra with the Murphy Sisters.
Dusty, indeed!
::)

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Combat Flight Simulator