CFS I versus IL2 Sturmovik

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

CFS I versus IL2 Sturmovik

Postby ChTerry » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:40 pm

Have been a CFS I fan since the begining [19??]
TerryMB
ChTerry
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: CFS I versus IL2 Sturmovik

Postby Vuikag » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:50 pm

he he, I found IL-2 a much better game from the start mostly because of the realism and graphics. The mouse is way easier to use to look around for targets, and the bullets behave more as they would in real life then if CFSI. the later versions of the game are hard, in my opinion to compare. CFS3 vs. IL-2 1946 is like comparing a homeless persons corpse to Ana Beatriz Barros (respectively).

CFS was way to easy. IL-2 (later versions definately) on full realism is a much more rewarding experience for me then cfs 1, 2 ,or 3 on anything. I have alot of good experiences. (mostly on later games, sorry)

IL-2 1946: Chasing a I.A.R 80 through that one big port
Last edited by Vuikag on Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vuikag
Captain
Captain

Postby ChTerry » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:48 pm

Thanks Vuikag for sticking your head above the CFS wall. I know it was a bit cheeky to ask and you gave an honest opinion which I appreciate.

Great tip about the mouse for seeing what's going on, I'll get on to that ASAP and persevere as you recommend.

By the way who is Ana Beatriz Barros ?
TerryMB
ChTerry
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby H » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:19 am

In my case I found CFS1 much easier to modify; I never was on line when I made my first missions in Notepad or retextured stock acft with MS Paint. Even though I'd already had some reality training in an actual Cessna, I also found it much easier to learn to fly in the CFS1 sim, howbeit, with the Sopwith, then the Hurricane.
Control modification has also been simpler and extensive in CFS1; I found it difficult to relate to IL2 in those respects so I haven't run it much.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Vuikag » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:12 am

I'll admit that sometiems on IL-2 i'll just take off and bail out because I kept gettign shot down and captured, or some huys shot me throught the cockpit on my first pass (first unrealistic part fo the game, because italians cna't do that nad they do!)
and cfs3 is good now that I think about it because it has the vampire, and easier to use multiplayer.

I know this is about the original IL-2 and cfs I (the origiinal IL-2 wasn't as cool as the new one) but I think CFS 2 is the most versatile game of all time.

Vuikag
Captain
Captain

Postby ChTerry » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:11 pm

Thanks for answering my question re 'Ana Beatriz Barros' does she write missions as well ?
TerryMB
ChTerry
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Combat Flight Simulator