cfs errors

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

cfs errors

Postby _cougar » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:16 pm

hello all. im tossed. i have cfs1 and i fly for the 379thvbg. but the problem is every time i try to fly im always ending up with an error of some kind. and cfs1 will crashes back to the desktop for no reason. and it's telling me i have a ton of problems with my pc. which i don't and cfs1 is changeing my display settings and messing up my system. can any one help me with this :'(?
_cougar
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: cfs errors

Postby H » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:28 pm

There's a few possibilities and I'm short on time...
Is this just in multiplayer, program missions or all?
It's been a long, long time since I've engaged in multiplayer and remember no problems when I did (used only default acft then, as well). In regular play, however, if there is an eror in any of the add-on (actually, default, too) acft, the system will lock out when that file is finally accessed. This is also true for static objects not initially loaded until you reach that waypoint area where its files are accessed.
There are other possibilities, pending

8-)
Last edited by H on Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:22 am

One quick possibility I've heard of for this problem, check your in game resolution matches your windows desktop resolution.
This was more of a problem in Win95 and only affected some users (myself included) but might be related.
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ozzy72 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:53 am

Which version of Windows are you running?
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Combat Flight Simulator