What is the best add-on Corsair for CFS1?

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

What is the best add-on Corsair for CFS1?

Postby JG57_Rall » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:56 am

What is the best add-on Corsair for CFS1? I amliiking for a flight model with full moving parts. DP file can be adjusted and textures can be repainted. But I would like to find a accurate airfile. Anyway, does anyone have an opinion?
Rall
JG57_Rall
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: What is the best add-on Corsair for CFS1?

Postby Padser » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:41 pm

~S~

I always like the NavyOps aircraft and the Corsair was particularly nice, I remember - loved the Zero, too.

Don't know if you can find them now, though. Maybe someone has them hidden away in a dusty old folder somewhere and will be happy to share them

~S~

pads
Padser
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby JG57_Rall » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:25 pm

Thanks Padser,

I have the Navy-Ops Corsair it is the Alain L'Homme model. The visual is quite good, but it is a F4U-5 which is a post-war version.  The Bruno Duffort flight model has about 1000 hp too much and in order to compensate for that, has a lot more drag which skews a lot of effects when throttled down, gliding, landing, etc.
I am looking for one with full moving parts. I have a pretty good airfile for the Alain L'Homme model. But it is a post-war version. So I guess I am hoping that someone knows of a WWII version. It seems like all the corsairs I have found are based on the Alain L'Homme model.
Rall
JG57_Rall
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Colonel Hogan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:04 am

The allied Supply depot has several F-4U corsairs, they are available in the Aircraft section under the "US collection"
Colonel Hogan
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Combat Flight Simulator