Anyone fly CFS1 still

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

Anyone fly CFS1 still

Postby _45th_kawilder1 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:48 pm

I don't know how many of you still fly cfs and are the webmaster of a website, but I would like to take the time to show you something that may help a game we enjoyed so much to survive a little while longer. It does not matter if you are a fighter pilot of a bomber pilot, If you have a website just consider this a moment. At the following website you will find info on how to set a flightboard up on you website like the one that is on ours

http://www.tradeip.com/sites/tradeip/

just look for "combat flight simulator" in the list.
If you want to see how it works first look at the on on our website at

www.45thpeacemakers.com

I must say this is the best Idea I have seen so far to bring the CFS community back together

I would like to post a open invitation to all to fly cfs with us, noone needs to join us, we just invite you to fly... We are still here....

~S~ and welcome to "CFS Lives On" ... the 45th squadron would like to let you know we and a few other squads are still playing CFS regularly, still going strong. Tuesday and Thursday nights at 8 eastern, 5 pacific.... Bombruns and dogfighting.... all 100% cd stock with RAF662 bombers and TG2, CFO a must! Team Speak server addy will be emailed to you when you return this email to 45thgunny@centurytel.net or badbear1@telus.net and tell us you wanna play ....
~S~ see you in the air .... check ur 6
_45th_kawilder1
_45th_kawilder1
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Anyone fly CFS1 still

Postby langshan » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:05 am

I still fly from time to time CFS1.  Offline.  Have not flown online for several years.  I might have to try again.
langshan
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Bubblehead » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:19 pm

J still fly CFS from time to time. I think it's a better combat sim than the CFS2 or the CFS3. The sound of the guns and cannons are more realistic.

Bubblehead
Bubblehead
Captain
Captain

Postby tsg72 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:34 am

Just found cfs1 again going to fly again.) ::)
tsg72
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:11 am

There are more advanced and realistic combat flight sim's available now but, for pure simple fun, CFS1 is still the best, 9 years after it was released.

May I also put a word of recommendation in for the 45th, in case anyone's wondering what kind of game they play.
Often flew different members online and always found their reputation for being amongst the best sports, and entertaining folks to fly with, is well-deserved. Whether they win or lose they do so with good grace and manners. If they do they lose one, they absorb what they've done wrong and learn from it so they can come out better than ever for the next battle. During the game (depending on the type of game) they're as entertaining as you could want and you will often see some amusing message or other come up in the middle of a game to show they don't take it all too seriously. That kind of game suits me down to the ground.
~S~ guys.
Long may you continue.
Last edited by DrRedskwirrell on Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby _45th_Berserker » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:04 pm

~S~ all

Geez, squirrel...those words darn near brought a tear to my eye....It's good to know that the 45th is respected by others such as yourself. You, and anyone else for that matter, are always welcome to join us whenever we fly....like Kawilder stated on the 1st post in this thread, check out trade ip banners for a game......the beauty of this banner is that it does not matter where you find it...it is all linked together.....see you in the skies

~S~
_45th_Berserker
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby 151st_Death » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:27 am

~S~ all

Yes sir we still fly CFS1 not many of us but we are all dedicated, as u might know of 151st is new squad to CFS and there are few other new squads around, that means CFS is not gone yet lol. And yes 45th is one of most respected squad in CFS, that
151st_Death
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby MickJ » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:34 pm

After an absence of some 4\5 years i'm in the process of trying to resurrect our old CFS1 squad and surprisingly have managed to make contact with some of them who are 'up' for it, I was quite disappointed to find that the Zone had had the 'plug' pulled so will have to do with IP games, unless of course anyone can tell me different.

Having dug out my old CFS1 disc + the extras I thought I would have a look round some of the old sites I used to haunt and lo and behold I find old 'Shades' oops I mean DrRedSkwirrell a pilot of many aliases in the Lobby and games rooms of years gone by, many a happy hour spent in his company and yes indeed a very good 'pilot' it's nice to see some of the 'old' names still about, do you know who I am Shadesy? a clue 'as a member I was a hyperactive poison!
Last edited by MickJ on Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MickJ
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:32 pm

Hmmm, let me see... *Puts chin in hand, er... paw.., and taps cheek*...,
Last edited by DrRedskwirrell on Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby MickJ » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:09 pm

Very close, very close with the squad name (well it started with a 'T') but bang on about being a M+ thought you might have got it from the clue oh go on then +Hypotoxin! and the squad............? TCS17 (The Cobra Squad 17th as Falcor liked to call it) and me.... TCS17Madmick!

How you doing bud, from what I have been reading looks like you are doing fine still carrying on the skwirrel bit then lol, just been to the Elite webby you posted and I didn't believe it there's LLV she still going strong then, are there any sites you can get a game like the zone? I will see if Claus thinks if it's feasible to get a server up or something to handle it, not that I know much about this type of thing.

I've managed to make contact with some of the old squad and we are going to see about getting some games going and a webby site as a point of contact.

You still into the bikes? I seem to remember you had a Ducati or was that one of your handles.........

Maybe we can get a flight going one night?

Cheers Mick
MickJ
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Woodylepic » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:19 am

Hi all

im happy to see that cfs1 players still alive
Last edited by Woodylepic on Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is a 100pixle wide, and 10kb large, size limits on Avatars.

Thank you for doing your part to make this a better place for all who visit by observing these guidelines. :)
Woodylepic
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:38 pm

Ah hahhhhhhh!
Greetings oh Mad one.
lol
I had meant to type TCS17 but when I did, for some reason it looked wrong and I typed TGIF instead!
Good to see ur still hangin about.
I had forgotten yr + nic. Good to see it in type again.

The Zone has closed and there's nothing really like it, although some dedicated efficionados have been frequenting Gamespy or the Hyperlobby. I tried Gamespy but it took two days to get all the adware/spyware out of my system afterwards so I haven't re-installed their software since. Haven't tried Hyperlobby but apparently it's just a matter of enabling a file in their install so you can see the CFS1 lobby when it fires up. There are other threads about it in this section (Think I may have started them so look for my name in the list). [edit: Found it HERE. ;D ]

Have tried IP games or dedicated server games and they're okay, just no community like there was in the Zone. Legs has moved and changed her job. She's still around but REAL quiet (yeh I know... but honest, she is ;))

Sarge had the Duke, I got the V-Four Honda. Thinking about getting a Duke though. Since they released their new 1100 over here the prices of old bikes has crashed ('scuse pun). LOL
Was talking to a surgeon about it recently and he said, "You know what we call bikers in Casualty? Donors!"
8-)
Last edited by DrRedskwirrell on Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby MickJ » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:06 am

Thanks for the info Dr, have copied it and will send it onto Claus (TCS17_falcor) if you remember him, to try out.

We had our first IP game Thursday night, it was nice to see some of the old squad in there, quite chaotic at first, couple of minor problems but now sorted and we hope to get some more of the 'old 'uns' back in soon, emails have been despatched to the various corners of the UK, and maybe we will be able to make use of this 'HyperLobby' in the near future, didn't realise how bloody rusty I was when it came to a bit of combat, but have been and sharpened up the control surfaces a little, even our old 'runway dart' was knocking me out of the sky  :'(

Remember now you had a 800VFR not a Duke, you still got it?

Keep in contact, and as said before maybe we can organise a flight one night!

If there are any ex TCS17 Squad members reading this, get in contact me and Claus would like to hear from you!
MickJ
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:55 am

Still gottit but it's wrapped up for the winter now.
We got salt down on the rods and that stuff eats bikes good.
Was thinkin of trading it for a Ducati 999 in Spring coz they're so cheap now the new one's out, but me belly's sayin I should keep the Viffer so I got somethin' ta rest it on.
;)
Don't think I flew with Falcor. Recognise his name from the Ridge though. Bit quieter than us, as I recall.

Good luck with the game.
Watch your six:-
One day..................................! ;)

p.s. Tell TCS17 Vixen I said "Hi"  8-)  ::)
Last edited by DrRedskwirrell on Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Woodylepic » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:15 pm

The JG3 is still alive and operational and i do some recruting again,

I will play cfs1 whit some old friend that have ask me for that, just for the fun we have it and becose cfs1 are the best combat flight simulator ever made and are still fun to play 9 years after is release, so all pilot of the JG3 and new recrute
Last edited by Woodylepic on Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is a 100pixle wide, and 10kb large, size limits on Avatars.

Thank you for doing your part to make this a better place for all who visit by observing these guidelines. :)
Woodylepic
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Next

Return to Combat Flight Simulator