Forward CFS1....!

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

Forward CFS1....!

Postby ivormills » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:13 am

It has been interesting the last couple of weeks to re-visit CFS1 and to read the forum
comments once again. I abandoned CFS1 almost 2 years ago after a distinguished career,
well I thought so anyway! I toyed with IL2 and then got absorbed with FS9 and I mean
absorbed.Building scenery, airports with AFCAD and EZ Senery, desigining panels with
PanelStudio aircraft repainting etc; But returning to CFS1 I realise that I was never
happier than when I was flying online
Last edited by ivormills on Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ivormills
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Forward CFS1....!

Postby H » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:03 am

With modern graphics programs and photoreal scenery, it could be quite well revamped. If people worked sectionally but referenced to one another, there could actually be a unified world map; literally, one could fly around the simulated world. I only flew online a few times (as Willy Farewell and Blaze N Gunn -- pun names, obviously not to do with the real ones) a long time past but it would be good to know that this sim was surviving in good form online.

8)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Mictheslik » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:07 am

yeah...before i had FS9 I played CFS on the zone for ages.....always remember concorde with guns!

.mic
[center]Image
Mictheslik
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:19 am

The community was developed through the main looby chat area (and spoiled through a lot of the latter-day chat-queens).
Without that, I think any new community (let's face it, the old one has moved on) can only be on a game-to-game basis.
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Franky_4_Fingers » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:08 pm

The community was developed through the main lobby chat area.

I agree, someone needs to set up a server with full chat capability and rooms to fly in to revive the old days.
Franky_4_Fingers
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ivormills » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:56 am

I agree, someone needs to set up a server with full chat capability and rooms to fly in to revive the old days.

A server already exists 'Hyperlobby' with CFS rooms and chat facility, (you need to do an edit as mentioned in previous posts to enable the CFS room) this needs to be made known to as many as possible. To get a good number participating maybe a host could 'advertise' the session time and date on this forum? If a number of hosts could be found, we may then have a variety of game types, dates and times to suit everybody.

We will never have a situation again where people could pop in any time and join a game of their choice, that died with the zone but as an example, if I said I was hosting a game in the Hyperlobby at 2.00-4.00pm gmt Sunday with a brief decription of the game and any add ons needed eg: CFO, maybe that would be a way of getting things moving again........it's an idea :)

I am not sure of forum rules regarding 'advertising' forthcoming events so please forgive me if this is a no-no.........or maybe we could have a new forum heading "CFS Online Gaming Dates"......... ;D
ivormills
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:20 pm

You could post it at Com-Central which still has a CFS1 community. We tried to host a game on their servers two weeks ago. It ran okay but the host needs to remain in the game to have a victory or change settings, so we need a better alternative.
They also have dedicated Teamspeak servers (including CFS1).
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby JG57_Rall » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:53 am

Hi all,

Funny you guys should mention updating CFS1. Because that iswhat we are doing. We have taken and are continuing to assemble the best of the add-ons available to CFS and putting them together in one location.

Jagdgeschwader57

Sorry Doc we no longer fly the stock M$ junk that is designed to give the allies the advantage. We fly the aircraft built to reflect the aircrafts original flight dynamics and armaments as closely as possible within the limits of CFS.

For a look at what we are doing check out the links above and below.

SIM-Outhouse

And I invite any CFS pilots to come and join our Luftwaffe Squad or Come and fly as a guest. All the aircraft and scenerys as well as utillitys liker CFO, TG2 no splash, and TS2 can be downloade off our forum.

We fly every weekend on Friday and Saturday evenings and on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Soon we will have at least one evening meeting during the week.

Hope to see some of you there.

JG57_Hank
Last edited by JG57_Rall on Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
JG57_Rall
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby james007 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:15 am

Thats Great News!

James007
Last edited by james007 on Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
james007
Major
Major

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:19 pm

Sorry Doc we no longer fly the stock M$ junk that is designed to give the allies the advantage.
Ahhh my young padhwan.
It's a choice we all make, based on what we want out of the game.
There's no 'realistic' in it.
I was one of the guys who chose to fly the game 'as-it-came' for the sake of the game.
I could get more realistic but [realistically] I'd have to look at another version of CFS or one of the IL2 series, etc.
I bet you're a good CFS flier by now (stock or otherwise), and mebbe it's because of what you learned from flying it stock early on.
;)
I'm still cutest.
:P
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby JG57_Rall » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:14 pm

Hiya Doc,
great to hear from you again. I learned a lot from you my friend. And those stock german planes with their built in weaknesses did teach me a lot. But when I started flying the aircraft designed by folks other then M$ I really started to have some fun.If you notice I mentioned realism in the same sentence as limitations of CFS. However engine performance, wingspan, weight and quite a number of other characteristics of the aircraft can be tuned and perfected in the airfiles. Not to give one player the advantage but to clearly give each aircraft more in common with its original counterpart. I know your enjoyment was the stock aircraft. But was that colored by the fact that M$ set up the allied aircraft to have the advantage from the word go!

You remember I mentioned Fire Salamander to you, And that she was an instructer at JO. Well I mentioned the fact that there was no WEP in the 190, and that the allied planes were designed to be better then the German planes during a flight with JO one afternoon. And she did`nt believe me. Plus someone else got on the com and was really pissed that I had said that. Lets just say that their attitude was the last straw. I was allready flying an inferior aircraft giving the mechanical advantage to the opponents. But when I was doubted and scolded for speaking out against M$ and their bias.

I stopped flying the stock aircraft right then and there and have not been in one since.

Its kinda like on the zone where I only flew with certain ones. Except then I was learning from guys like you Doc so I did`nt mind you guys having the mechanical advantage.

But now I fly only the best aircraft the designers build. And when I fly I have wingmen and we stick together. I only fly in missions or training now, no more furballs everyman for himself. Its teamwork now. I don`t even look at my kills anymore, just if the mission was a sucess.

So thanks for your insights and freely giving your time and knowledge. You were a great teacher and I thank you.  I hope that I am passing some of your teachings on to the guys in JG57.

BTW Doc we are not one sided, our allied opponents are supplied with better aircraft also. And we have stuff from Russia France Italy and the other countrys that were involved in WWII.

Stop by the JG57 Forum checkout what we`re doing and say hi sometime Doc!

Hank/Rall
JG57_Rall
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:42 pm

Oddly enough, I stopped by this week but it says it's closed and to visit the forum on the home page but, when I went there, I couldn't find a link to the new one.

Been offline the rest of the week while I suffer the stupidity of my U.K. based ISP (ntl). They came to fix my cable last Tuesday... left me with a phone line! lolol.

Good to hear you're not looking at your kills anymore. Remember when I was in a game and everyone used to make a fuss of how many I had after? When you're still trying to gettem, it's important.
In a team game I used to try and get a lot of kills in the first game. At the end of the game, straight away everyone used to notice and make me the target for the next game. That meant I could play 'drone' and lead them into my teammates.

That's why learning to fly injured was important to me and something I'm very grateful to EW and EURO for teaching me. Also something they both benefitted from later. Of course, you can still pick up a few odd shots, even when you're limping.
;D

And let's not forget, I learned a lot from you too. That's why I used to teach so much. You always learn from good pilots, whatever stage they're at.  ;)

Let me know when you sob's have a 'stock' game... I might just come n kick ur asses fer ole times sake.

:P
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby JG57_Rall » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:48 pm

Hi Doc,

I think you went to the 45th`s Forum. I am no longer with the 45th! I am the CO at JG57 now.

Jagdgeschwader57

And we are quite active.

Don`t have much time right now, got to get to a meeting but drop by and leave me a note at the JG57 forum.

I am known in Luftwaffe circles as Rall.

So see ya later buddy.

Hank
A.K.A. JG57_Generaloberst Rall
JG57_Rall
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:07 am

Uh oh.
In that case the greetings note I left on your new forum, to the "45th'ers", will make no sense whatsoever.
LMAO
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Combat Flight Simulator