I started to fly with CFS1 again!

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

I started to fly with CFS1 again!

Postby james007 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:37 pm

I started to fly with CFS1 again. Its great to be able to fly with CFS1 again. I had a blast. I even flew in the Pacific Theater through some of my addons and down loaded Pacific Theater campaings.

No its not as crisp as CFS2 and CFS3 but a lot of fun to fly with.

Its simplicity is its beauty. I recommend you buy it and just enjoy shooting down the enemy planes or been shot down by the Ai.

You can Buy CFS1 and CFS2 plus CFS3 right here:

http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo ... games.html

Remeber this is not the only place you can Buy CFS1.

James007
Last edited by james007 on Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
james007
Major
Major

Re: I started to fly with CFS1 again!

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:48 am

Its simplicity is its beauty.
Ditto!
;D
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:32 am

Never too keen on CFS2 or 3 meself.
Was hoping CFS4 was going to be CFS1 with improved graphics and not much else.
Think that mighta been too much to hope for though.
With everything available they woulda been bound to try and 'improve' on CFS3 which woulda still not made it as fun to play as CFS1.
The IL2 games are better than CFS2 and 3 and probably would have bettered CFS4 as well.
None of 'em come close to the fun to be had from the original tho.
CFS1 roolz.
:)
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby H » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:09 am

Never too keen on CFS2 or 3 meself.
Was hoping CFS4 was going to be CFS1 with improved graphics and not much else.
Think that mighta been too much to hope for though.
With everything available they woulda been bound to try and 'improve' on CFS3 which woulda still not made it as fun to play as CFS1...
CFS1 roolz.
Agreed. The best part of CFS, for me, is that it is program interactive (I can rework textures and files). Since I broke into the files before I ever knew there was SimV, et. al., on the internet (that's a term U.S. southerners use to coax fish into their net, isn't it?), I still type out missions in notepad. The graphics are, admittedly, somewhat lacking but, with a good graphics program, one can improve those, as well. If MS would relinquish ( :-X they don't even know that word ) their copywrited stranglehold, I might know a programmer who might be able to correct for that, although it may cause some delay jitters depending upon the users computer. Since there are add-ons for Pacific and other scenery, those would be reworkable, too.
The very first used and rebuilt computer I got had such a small HD it could barely fit CFS2 and forget FS2002 (I accidently typed FS3002 -- my former ancient computer would have had to be so big the monitor would have to sit outdoors... on Mars!). Anyway, CFS1 left some room to spare.

8)
Last edited by H on Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ivormills » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:11 am

Yes, I have started to fly CFS again after a 2 year break. it is one of those things you put down in favour of other sims and when you pick it up again you realise how much fun it is. I have changed my computer in that time so it was a fresh install, it is only then that it all comes back, need CFO, Teamspeak, Fighter Canyon etc etc Lol.
I flew for the first time online on Sunday with SS squad (Striker Squadron) great fun! SS Galland introduced me but you may remeber him as 83 Sijack, Jim etc.
I know CFS has gone quiet since the Zone eviction but I believe it is due for a revival :)
Such a good simulation should be kept alive and I am sure there are many like minded people out there who would love to put on their flying helmets again and fly together online. I have been to the Hyperlobby CFS1 a few times recently but I am always the only one there :-[
Maybe this forum is one way CFS'ers can make contact and maybe build up an online community again?

~S~
ivormills
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby james007 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:27 am

Hey H, I think thats a great Idea. Revising the missions including the Pacific one"s sound great to me.

I love diversity in almost everything including Combat Simulators. I hope this will revive this Sim. This in no way means that I"m encouraging you stop flying with other Sims. It will only mean that you will have one more quality Sim to fly with.

They all give us a different prospective and flavor. I just would like this Sim to be part of the mix.

Ivormills I"m glad you are back.

Enjoy it!

James007
Last edited by james007 on Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
james007
Major
Major

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:06 pm

lol
I remember 83_SiJack.
Had a few good games with him, think I may even still have the MCR's of 'em somewhere (Kept all me MCR's, how sad am I? lolol).
Will always think of him in that nic rather than the others he's had since.
Say a big Shades "Hello!" for me when ya see the ole sob agin, huh?

;)
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Padser » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:59 am

Yes, I have started to fly CFS again after a 2 year break. it is one of those things you put down in favour of other sims and when you pick it up again you realise how much fun it is. ~S~

~S~ Ivor

Long time no see! If I see you on Hyperlobby I'll fly with you!

I still fly online pretty regularly, but nowadays exclusively on the merged IL-2/FB/PF Hyperlobby servers (keenly awaiting the BoB release sometime in next two years...
Last edited by Padser on Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Padser
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ivormills » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:13 am

~S~ Pads...Nice to see your still around :)

Yes, I like the old Hurris. If I visit the Hyperlobby it is usually on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon between 2-4.

May see you there sometime.

~S~ Ivor
ivormills
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:11 am

Won't be able to this weekend, but maybe I'll fire3 the old girl up and look at setting up HL on my rig.
More and more people asking me about a new CFS1 home.....  ;D
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Combat Flight Simulator