Help!

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

Re: Help!  Can't see gauges in panel

Postby H » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:25 am

You're confusing the virtual cockpit (which is part of the visual model) with the 2D panel which makes this more complicated. The extra view windows we're talking about here are part of the 2D panel. This idea was first introduced on the FS2000 default aircraft which had no VC or interior views. I'm not sure it works in FS98/CFS1.
You may have said that properly by accident but I'm sorry if that's confusing; that is how the views from within the cockpit were set up in CFS1 (if you don't like that side panel on your Spitfire canopy, you can get rid of it).
CFS1 views via the panel file are not direction specific (they will not be keyed on/off by looking left, right or back) but they can be "turned on or off" by assigning keys to them (as Windows) in Settings. Then there is the sizing issue. Basically, we are saying that they are not readily usable as employed in CFS2/FS2k.
;)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Help!

Postby Hagar » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:39 am

Basically, we are saying that they are not readily usable as employed in CFS2/FS2k. ;)

Actually, I'm saying they do not work in CFS1.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Help!  Can't see gauges in panel

Postby H » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:54 am

Actually, I'm saying they do not work in CFS1.
:P  OK, I'll work in my 3 square feet, you play in your square yard. ;D

8)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Previous

Return to Combat Flight Simulator