Padlock View

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

Padlock View

Postby JG57_Rall » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:54 pm

I can`t figure out how to fly the planes using padlock. the stick seems usless,everyone seems to think its the best way to go but, I can`t seem to figure it out. Is there a trick to it?
JG57_Rall
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Padlock View

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:46 am

There's several.

The 'Brit-Window' (named after EURO_ACBrit1, my old C.O.), which I showed you this morning, is the best one I've found.

I used to have a page on my website about the Brit-Window. I'll see if I can find the files and re-load it all. These are buried deep on my computer and the page will not be re-appearing any time soon (lolol).
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby JG57_Rall » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:47 pm

You da man "shades" thanks again for all your tips.
Gonna reformat the xp "extra problems" sys tommorrow. Then fly on the zone and see if I lose the lag. I flew on an xp sys this afternoon and loved it. What a diff.  Thanks again.
JG57_Rall
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:18 am

Ur welcome.
I must agree.
My online game has been much enhanced since installing XP, although (to be fair) it used to be on ME which was BSOD hell.
lolol
8)
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Sytse » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:04 pm

I know flying in padock mode is a bit weird at the start, but it's really usefull once you've mastered it.

The best way to learn is practice. Get a feel for the plane. Know how fast it pitches, rolls and/or yaws when you move the stick into a certain position.
Sytse
Major
Major

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:46 am

Here you go 'ferlin'.
I've begun to rebuild MY SITE which now includes a CFS1 page. It links to the old EURO article on using their version of padlock (Brit-window), as well as some other stuff.
I have used this for almost the whole 5 years I've played CFS1 and would find it very (if not impossible) to fly without it now.
It took me about 3 months to get back to the standard I was at before I started using it (which wasn't good, lol) though. It takes a lot of familiarisation practise.
Last edited by DrRedskwirrell on Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Combat Flight Simulator